No Facial Cleanser No Shampoo - Doing Without

I only wash my face in the evening - I splash my face with water and moisturize in the morning. I have not been wearing makeup at all for the last couple of months, so I'm able to go easy on the cleansing.
I think it's better not to wash 2x a day - I mean, between washing before bed and waking up in the morning, what happens? You sleep! Your skin doesn't get dirty or anything.

I will try doing this when I have holidays.

My skin is at it's best when I have fever. Sounds weird but oh so true! A while ago I had pneumonia. Most of the time I had it I had light fever, sometimes very high (I do NOT recommend getting ill to the point of 42°C fever, feels like dieing because you are literaly starting to die at that temperature) and my skin was soft, matte and clear while it's usually normal with a slightly more greasy forehead and a few small spots every now and then.

I wouldn't feel right without washing my face.
I use those facial cloths, either Dove or Olay

bohemian rhapsody said:
I only wash my face in the evening - I splash my face with water and moisturize in the morning. I have not been wearing makeup at all for the last couple of months, so I'm able to go easy on the cleansing.
I think it's better not to wash 2x a day - I mean, between washing before bed and waking up in the morning, what happens? You sleep! Your skin doesn't get dirty or anything.

Of course it gets dirty, but not in the way it gets during the day! :P
At night the skin releases oils and it rubs against the pillow. You don´t need a powerful cleanser in the morning, but at least try to use some cleansing cream or a bit of toner. :wink:

I was 1000 km from home (still in same country) for two weeks and I washed with water maybe four times and put four times some basic moisturizer on, no makeup at all. The air was so clean mainly because I was hiking and no one lived where we hiked) I ended up whit tons of whiteheads, and this because I had to but lot lot lot of suncream !

I got home few days back and started to wash it whit water and moisturizing daily, it's great now since I don't wear sun cream. But when I go out i.e running I'll have to do that and I can't try this..

No Facial Cleanser No shampoo

let me share with you something. many people have misunderstanding that facial cleanser is one of the essential for your face. for me, i've been stopped using facial cleanser for 3 years and have perfect skin. i just use plain water to wash my face average 3 times a day and usually after coming back from outside. :flower: before that 3 years, i was like all of you running after different brands of facial cleanser and creams or whatever. then i decided to use natural way which is using plain tap water after seeing all those beggers on street with perfect skin. the result is amazing. u save money. u save trouble. ur bathroom is neater. and you have natural moist skin without worrying about drying.
plain water does clean the impurites and dirt and some oil but it leaves ilmsy layer of skin oil to protect skin. overall i find that hormones determine the health of the skin even if you eat healthy.

and same things applied to washing hair. i wash my hair everyday with just plain water. no shampoo no conditioner. u scratch gently and just keep on leathering. your hair will be healthier and softer .:woot:

give it a try. no harm doing it cos it's all natural.:blush: i don't have to buy facial cleanser and shampoo...so relaxed...

What about if you wear make up? - plain water doesn't take it off :blush:

My mother's skin reacts to facial cleansers so she only uses water - she has very good skin.

As for shampoo... I love the smell of shampoo I don't think I could give it up

i don't apply make up cos i'm a guy haha

for getting smell in your hair, you can apply 1 or 2 drops of natural oil like ylang ylang or sandalwood.

Ghost said:
let me share with you something. many people have misunderstanding that facial cleanser is one of the essential for your face. for me, i've been stopped using facial cleanser for 3 years and have perfect skin. i just use plain water to wash my face average 3 times a day and usually after coming back from outside. :flower: before that 3 years, i was like all of you running after different brands of facial cleanser and creams or whatever. then i decided to use natural way which is using plain tap water after seeing all those beggers on street with perfect skin. the result is amazing. u save money. u save trouble. ur bathroom is neater. and you have natural moist skin without worrying about drying.
plain water does clean the impurites and dirt and some oil but it leaves ilmsy layer of skin oil to protect skin. overall i find that hormones determine the health of the skin even if you eat healthy.

and same things applied to washing hair. i wash my hair everyday with just plain water. no shampoo no conditioner. u scratch gently and just keep on leathering. your hair will be healthier and softer .:woot:

give it a try. no harm doing it cos it's all natural.:blush: i don't have to buy facial cleanser and shampoo...so relaxed...

+1

i started to do the same since 2 weeks and my skin is better than always

i dont wear foundation so i just clean my eye make-up

yeah the method really works. but i'm not sure whether the result will differ in different people. for me, i save money and "the trouble" to choose brands. my aunt told me that her ex neighbour old woman's skin was very smooth and clear and she told her that she just used water to wash face

My boyfriend agrees with this, he says the only time he has ever gotten breakouts is when he cleanses his face. I do think I tend to overtreat my skin, making it worse than it already was, so this idea appeals to me.

Has anyone with combination skin ( both oily and dry spots) tried this?

i dont think i could ever do this it would be a nightmare is someone took my face wash and shampoo away from me:ninja:

this sounds great, but I am a makeup wearing female and I gotta use something to wash off cosmetics. I will however pass this advice down to my male friends.

Well, I don't think that can be applied to everyone... my brother is starting to get some spots, he has very oily skin...and he just washes his face with water everymorning (because he's lazy to take care of his skin :rolleyes: ) and it doesn't improve...
And women skin is different... I mean, giSpot is right, make up doesn't come off with just water.
Although I believe that when you are overloading your face with a lot of cleansing products, it's good for your skin to let it "breathe" periodically. I remember some time ago, I was cleansing, exfoliating, applying masks and all that stuff on the face and although it was healthy, no spots, it looked really tired. I gave it a break and stopped using everything, just water - and it improved. Right now I just use a facial cleanser for sensitive skin and some basic hydrating cream from a pharmacy brand i'm fine! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
brokenenglish said:
Has anyone with combination skin ( both oily and dry spots) tried this?

me here...oily at nose and forehead. used to have one or two zits appeared monthly. the more i washed my face with cleansers, the more they became imflammed and the oiler my nose and the tighter my cheeks.
i've seen an article on line about skin oil. docter stated that the more you wash your skin oil, the more they produce to replenish the lost oil to protect the skin.

additional to my method, i exfoliate by rubbing gently with a sea sponge usually when i remember and feel like to do so. it also increase circulation besides removing dead cells and dirts.

now my skin doesnot feel tight and dry after washing with tap water.
here is my routine...
1. wake up wash face with plain water(occasionaly rub gently with a sea sponge)
2. wash face again with plain water after coming back from outside ( occasionally rub the corner of the nose with sea sponge to remove any dirt collected there )
3. wash face with plain water before bed.:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Elegance.Is.Refusal. said:
i dont think i could ever do this it would be a nightmare is someone took my face wash and shampoo away from me:ninja:

what encourage me to dump them is that i don't like the fact that we are too dependent on these products:D

You must have some really good skin if you dont use a cleanser...As an esthetician, I HAVE to use these products, no way around it..and if I dont, well, lets say I'd be sitting in the unemployment line and not here on TFS..

No shampoo? Actually, Ive read that some top hairstylist (who does all the shows & ad campaigns and all that stuff) doesnt belive in using shampoo either, the logic being that hairs' own natural oils is sufficient enough..Eugene Seulieman maybe?

I could never do this. I live in a busy city - I feel dirty stepping outside and if I didn't wash my hair, it would most likely stink of pollution and smoke.

I'm jealous though - doing this would save me a heck of a lot of money!

I have very oily skin and hair, I could look as a homeless if I only use water. And I think it´s very dirty too.

I wash my hair once a week right now. I've tried to stop using shampoo, but it gets too oily. But I'm trying to cut down, and maybe I'll end up using shampoo every 10 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->