Noni Juice

Belowen

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
I have heard a lot about Noni Juice, and its benefits. I am mostly interested in the extra energy it's supposed to give you, as well as apparently being good for your skin - has anybody tried Noni Juice before? There are a few different types/brands - I picked up a bottle of Fijian Noni from the health food store this afternoon.

My only problem with it so far is that it STINKS :yuk:

I am going to monitor the effect it has on my skin, so here is a before shot... (pardon the stupid face and no makeup, LOL) I will update as I go!

Attachments

• p1011215.jpg
    p1011215.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 17
I tried it, but it's too sweet/syrupy for my taste. But it didn't do anything for my skin, maybe if I could stomach the taste and stick to it for months... :innocent:
My mom does drink Noni juice regularly, but I can't see any change in her skin. She claims she has more energy when she drinks it, but thats about it. She did blood tests 4 months ago and they were actually worse then 8 months ago, not sure if it's juice related, but I forced her on some real vitamins (B vit complex, C, iron and omega 3), I must say she looks better (skin is more glow-y) then before, I think it's because of all the vit B3 and fish oil stuff.

So at least the extra energy part is true. Maybe do some blood tests in addition to before/after photos to see if it actually does anything for immunity and what else Noni claims, so you know whether it affect you or it's just placebo effect. :flower:

Too sweet? Really? Mine is super bitter :shock:

My bottle looked like this, at least it's the same guy on it.
tahitian_noni_juice.jpg

chiveras.com

There were small amounts of other juices in it too, blueberry and something else, sorry, I can't remember what in what %, but it wasn't just noni, maybe that explains the difference in taste.

Noni is very popular in Philippines. My grandparents use to dry them out in the hot sun themselves and use it for tea. But it stunk like hell so I never could understand why they would drink it.

As for health benefits, not sure, but my grandparents are old.

Ok well the Fijian Noni made me vomit :sick: the taste was unbelievably horrid :shock: bit wary of the Tahitian Noni now, I don't want to spend $80 on something that will male me puke again :lol:

I like noni juice. Definitely mix it with other fruit juices!!
Personally, I think it makes my skin a little more resilient and less vulnerable to external aggressors.. but that's just because my skin's sort of sensitive...

My skin is very sensitive in general thoguh I have never had any acne problems or so, I don't use foundations because I don't need to but a few months ago I tried to drink Fijian Noni and goji berries juice.
Just to add I stopped drinking coffee (just soy latte from time to time and no energetic drinks like Redbull etc). The results, in my case, are really mere. I can feel a bit more ON after I drink it , maybe it's because I believe in it.
If it comes to my skin, I haven't noticed any change. I think I will go back to taking extract from fish oil, aloe vera and zink, which made my skin really soft and glow.

How did you stand the Fijian juice AU? It was a nightmare :rofl: :sick:

I must admit, I actually like it... I mixed it with goji berries' juice and it was very good!
But I like many weird things to drink/eat. :D

Ok well the Fijian Noni made me vomit :sick: the taste was unbelievably horrid :shock: bit wary of the Tahitian Noni now, I don't want to spend $80 on something that will male me puke again :lol:

Maybe the newer craze, mangosteen juice. Never tried it, but they promise similar benefits and maybe it tastes better than Noni. :flower:

http://www.xango.com/

In any case, if you want to drink something to improve your skin, try chlorophyll drinks, they really give a nice glow to skin. It's like eating your veggie/fruit serving, but in a concentrated liquid form (but without the fibers). They taste a bit like fresh grass with pine cones, if that makes sense, I like that tase. :D
http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-guide.com/chlorophyll-benefits.html

I've heard great things about Noni too. I tried it once - but something about it reminded me of stinky cheese!!! It would be great to add to a smoothie in the morning or something, so that you don't taste it. I didn't really notice a dramatic change in my skin, but I also had a bad allergy back then that made me break out. You've got me wanting to try it again.

Living in a tropical climate,there is a noni tree close by.I couldn't bring myself to chug that stuff though! Miranda Kerr must have to hypnotize herself into drinking it daily! One time my boyfriend rubbed it all over his face and neck,claiming the enzymes are great for exfoliating.It itched SO much!

Ok, after drinking the juice for quite a long time now, I must admit, I think it really gives me a lot of strength. I have lots of rehaersals, castings and stuff and now I really don't feel tired after the whole day.
If it comes to skin, I feel like it's less vulnerable, thicker (if you kno what I mean).

I just bought some raw aged Noni juice! I intend to finish it but wow, it tastes like stinky cheese + vinegar, not at all like fruit. My husband said it tastes like stinky cheese and brandy, yuck.

I've been drinking a capful or two of Almost Naked Noni Juice (99% organic noni juice) by California Academy of Health daily for the past year now. I have not noticed a dramatic difference in my skin (less breakouts, redness, etc).
I believe it's a good source of antioxidants, but I think my skin is more affected by my overall diet that any supplement I've tried. I wouldn't mind using the drink again, but I think I will be focusing my budget on whole foods such as berries, greens, olive oil, organic lean meats and things that I know make a difference to my skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->