BB Creams

We have this Finnish brand Lumene which has BB cream for very fair skin. I am as traditionally pale and blond Finn as you can find, so all the other creams were way too dark, even for summer, such as Garnier, Maybelline. As UK is EU country I am sure you can order it on the web and Lumene has gone international so maybe they sell it somewhere in Britain. That BB cream even won some international review as the best of its kind. Lumene also has a new CC-cream which is said to be even better, and there is more tone variations.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Sounds super promising!

Vichy Idealia was waaay too dark and too orange for me. :(

We have this Finnish brand Lumene which has BB cream for very fair skin. I am as traditionally pale and blond Finn as you can find, so all the other creams were way too dark, even for summer, such as Garnier, Maybelline. As UK is EU country I am sure you can order it on the web and Lumene has gone international so maybe they sell it somewhere in Britain. That BB cream even won some international review as the best of its kind. Lumene also has a new CC-cream which is said to be even better, and there is more tone variations.

Thank you very much! I'll look for an online retailer. You're brilliant. :flower:

Dont get lumene!. Iam pale and bought lumene bb cream in lightest color which the sales woman said is the best for pale skin but it made my skin orange and blotchy and horrible. I wouldnt recommend it to anyone who has light skin!

^Well I guess it is not for every tone of skin then, but for me it works perfectly.

Missha M Perfect Cover BB cream in 13 (milky beige) is quite pale, I use it and it suits me well. However it does not provide a high coverage and isn't very buildable so I use a concealer too.

Currently got a sample of Kiehls new bb cream.
Ngl, it smells like indian spices lol. My friend, who's Indian, completely agrees haha. Let's hope it's lovely in terms of coverage since I'm in desperate need of a new foundation/bbcream.

Do you guys notice any positive changes when you started using BB creams? I felt like it was a total marketing ploy its just a really bad foundation.. and another form of tinted moisturiser... :rolleyes:

^Honestly, no. :lol:

I used Lioele Beyond The Solution BB Cream, and I didn't notice any form of improvement to my skin at all. However, I did find that as far as foundations go, this BB cream gave me really good coverage but never got as caked on as foundations tend to get. It left a nice dewy look and covered redness well. So if you look at it from just a foundation stand point, they can be quite nice. But I wouldn't be expecting any 'skin miracles'.

Do you guys notice any positive changes when you started using BB creams? I felt like it was a total marketing ploy its just a really bad foundation.. and another form of tinted moisturiser... :rolleyes:

I think kt is basically a tinted moisturizer. I've not seen any improvements with BB or CC creams

I've never tried any precisely because they just seemed like very well marketed tinted moisturisers under a different name :lol: one of my friends is very into make up (has a nationally well known blog) and says the same...

I use La Roche Posay BB cream when im not at work, I like it and I have pretty pale skin :smile:

I haven't notice anything special but I like how it covers and stays nicely whole day, much better than my usual foundation.

I've never tried any precisely because they just seemed like very well marketed tinted moisturisers under a different name :lol: one of my friends is very into make up (has a nationally well known blog) and says the same...

I totally agree with you guys, whats your friends blog? If we are not allowed to post links to blogs please send me a priv msg :flower:

Which one do you use? :D
Mischa perfect cover BB cream. I put little bit powder top of it and that it. Cream was pretty nice, I noticed I didn't use any other cream during summer and I'm still quite pale, which is nice :wink: (well, I didn't spend much time on the beach though.)

Would you say BB creams are better than tinted moisturisers? I'm looking for light coverage and a decent SPF. I use bare minerals at the moment but looking for something a bit lighter.

Well the BB- creams i've used are more thicker than tinted moisturizers. (i've only used Laura Mercier though)
Also they are not that moisturizing imo. (Meaning BB creams)

Well the BB- creams i've used are more thicker than tinted moisturizers. (i've only used Laura Mercier though)
Also they are not that moisturizing imo. (Meaning BB creams)

I'm not overly fussed about the moisturising aspect as I'll still use my actual moisturisers I'm just a bit rubbish about make up and that was the all I could think of for light coverage!

I think it will do the job then. Plus side also is SPF. Most of the BB- OR CC creams have it.

Have you guys heard of the DD-Creams?
What the heck are those? I read from Vogue website or some other like that that those are coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->