Numéro Switzerland Issue #1

callmejaeden

Reaction score
NUMERO_DIGITAL_COVERS.jpgNUMERO_DIGITAL_COVERS3.jpgNUMERO_DIGITAL_COVERS2.jpgNUMERO_DIGITAL_COVERS4.jpgNUMERO_DIGITAL_COVERS5.jpg
numeromagazine.ch
Cover #1 : ? by Mario Testino
Cover #2 : Helena Christensen by Petros Kouiouris
Cover #3 : Daphne Maas by Jvdas Berra
Cover #4 : Fernando Lindez by Ana Abril
Cover #5 : Taylor Hill by Petros Kouiouris

I will be totally honest and I'll say that I love Mario Testino's cover.
It's mysterious, it's not what we're used to with him, it's different.
I'm truly looking forward to see the editorial.
Could have it been stronger for a cover and for a new mag? Yes.
Is it bad? No.
I'm also speechless coz I like Helen's cover and I never got her.
Fernando Lindez's cover could have been a banger had he looked at the camera.
I can't wait to see the videos as usual ahaha.

The covers are interesting, I might buy this issue.

Mario! :heart: :heart: :heart:
The Helena cover is also great🔥
Flush the rest.

MARIO TESTINO “I started from nothing, so success for me is related to all of a sudden being completely independent creatively and economically. To be able to do what I wanted took me a long time. I was immersed deeply in the fashion business for thirty-two years, and I loved working in fashion, but there comes a time when you have to face it that you’re no longer the young, cool photographer, and fashion, you know, is about youth. Since I retired from business, I decided to dedicate my time to something I really like but related to what I did in fashion; I feel very privileged because I think I’ve learned a lot and applied it to this project, “A Beautiful World”.

Retired?! Babes, lmao Talk about gaslighting.

I agree. Retired? Yikes. This is actually published in the magazine?

It's a part of the online article on their website, I looked it up cause I was curious to see what his feature was about.

I mean in a way he was ''retired'' FROM the highest circles.
I took it as with one sense of the word, like ''retired'' = taken away.
Not ''retired'' = not working because I'm too old.
But yeah we all know what happened : he was condemned by Condé Nast.
However Bruce Weber came back WAY earlier.
I didn't see many people outside bat an eyelash about it.
Had Demarchelier been still alive today, I think the industry would have welcomed him likely.
I'm still in shock that him or Peter Lindbergh were accused. Like they were no ''Terry Richardson''...
John Galliano was equally ''offered'' his redemption arc and is fully back in high circles.

Look, I'm not defending any of these top photographers who have been accused, especially in the #metoo era when being a straight male person can be sent to jail, even innocent, just because we are breathing lol kinda lol... but it's been decades and decades of abuse so i guess the tables have turned BUT having said that :
- all the model victims have been heard (the same with the top actresses in Hollywood)
- these powerful photographers (and / or abusers) have been judged

So now the question is : can they be welcome once again with a blank page?

It's the wording of his quote, he never implies that he got retired in the sense that something was taken from him. He makes it sound like it was a choice he made of his own free will, which we all know to be untrue. I don't think that the industry will ever welcome him back beyond his isolated projects, such as the one featured here. And honestly, they're probably better for it.

Also, Peter Lindbergh was never accused of any misconducts. He was a great man by all acounts.

It's the wording of his quote, he never implies that he got retired in the sense that something was taken from him. He makes it sound like it was a choice he made of his own free will, which we all know to be untrue. I don't think that the industry will ever welcome him back beyond his isolated projects, such as the one featured here. And honestly, they're probably better for it.

Also, Peter Lindbergh was never accused of any misconducts. He was a great man by all acounts.

No yeah I get what he meant as well, I was saying that in reality he got ''retired'' = he was shown the door by Wintour and Condé Nast and all major brands who used him as ad campaign photographer.

No actually Peter was indeed accused after he died by several models, I was shocked to read this online. Hence my shock towards the accusations for him and Demarchelier. We will never know the whole truth anyways... 90's / sex / supermodels / drugs / champagne / society was way different and son on so yeah...

Personally, I've been working in fashion for the past 20 years as a model and photographer and I can't tell how many times fellow models or new face models told me ''this photographer, agent tried...'' or ''this casting director told me that if I was willing to do x, y and z then I would get...'' and so on. It's the reality of this industry, whether people want to see it or not, but it does exist.

My question to you all is : is there a moment when we ''think'' collectively that someone has paid their price or should they be cast away forever as criminals. Can they be welcome once again with a blank page?

But yeah we all know what happened : he was condemned by Condé Nast.
However Bruce Weber came back WAY earlier.
I didn't see many people outside bat an eyelash about it.
Had Demarchelier been still alive today, I think the industry would have welcomed him likely.
I'm still in shock that him or Peter Lindbergh were accused. Like they were no ''Terry Richardson''...
John Galliano was equally ''offered'' his redemption arc and is fully back in high circles.

Look, I'm not defending any of these top photographers who have been accused, especially in the #metoo era when being a straight male person can be sent to jail, even innocent, just because we are breathing lol kinda lol... but it's been decades and decades of abuse so i guess the tables have turned BUT having said that :
- all the model victims have been heard (the same with the top actresses in Hollywood)
- these powerful photographers (and / or abusers) have been judged

So now the question is : can they be welcome once again with a blank page?
I can’t speak on accusations against Weber or Demarchelier and as far as I know there aren’t any against Lindbergh… but I can tell you Testino was rampant with his misdeeds (to put lightly) and the only thing misfortunate about his dismissal was that agents and editors did not face consequences for enabling, not protecting their models, and in some cases actively sending models into these “situations.” A lot operated closer to pimps…

The covers are pretty good. I do get surprised when a new magazine is launched, maybe there is a market I just don’t see.

I would have preferred if they put Swiss models on the cover of the premiere issue, say Vivienne Rohner.

I'm not defending any of these top photographers who have been accused, especially in the #metoo era when being a straight male person can be sent to jail, even innocent, just because we are breathing lol kinda lol...
Please name ONE "innocent" straight man who has been sent to jail for "breathing" (with regards to accusations of sexual assault), please keep in mind that being found "not guilty in a court of law" innocent

Please name ONE "innocent" straight man who has been sent to jail for "breathing" (with regards to accusations of sexual assault), please keep in mind that being found "not guilty in a court of law" innocent
It was a figure of speech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegodline
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->