Vogue Paris October 2006 : Natalia Vodianova by Mario Testino

Wow the Fur play ed is particularly tacky and amateurish.
I love the clothes in Tsarines but Mario couldn't obviously care less about this photoshoot.

I am reconsidering buying this issue...

PS: Thanks for your troubles diorette.

Thanks for scans, Diorette! :flower: This issue is hideous as always - thanks Carine, you always know how to make me sick! :wink:

loveed the 2 ed but the editorial of testino mucho more:woot:

some precisions

a few precisions and additions to kouklina's review

"une fille, un style" : portrait of natasha poly

vogue bijoux : morgane dubled, ph. andreas sjödin (4 pg.)

vogue beauté : marta berzkalna, ph. mark segal (6 pg.)

second editorial, "popestar" : male model utm.

third editorial, "un conte d'hiver" : seems to be kamila szczawinska and maria dvirnik (but i'm not really sure)

and, as i said it in sasha's thread, four exclusive drawings by sasha p.

Sasha's drawings sounds awesome! :woot: Thanks for the additional info kaschemme! ^_^

Natalia looks quite unattractive on the cover... but the baby looks cute! :D

Oooh, Morgane and Natashaaa!

And I really want to see Sasha's drawings!

Diorette, thank you very much for scanning pics from this issue!

nastassia said:
BUT they decided to talk only about russian, so it's logical to put Natalia in cover (even if Sasha is the face of the season, or Snejana "so lovely",or Eugenia "the best to me !&quot:wink: because she is becoming more than a model, a new incarnation of Cinderella, a girl that everybody knows out of the fashion world (talk about Snejana or Sasha or Eugenia to the stupid guy next to you at work or school -not if you work in an agency or for Vanity Fair, of course, it would be cheat !- and he wouldn't know who is she, but it's 98% sure that he would know Natalia -not necessary her name but her face ).
You know, 4 years of Calvin Klein, L'Oreal and social ladder climbing and comparatively few people know about Natalia compared to what the case would be if Snejana had come into that position. Snejana should be a superstar. She certainly looks like an Andy Warhol superstar. The same can not be said for any of the most successful models sired since the mid 90s...

Although the Russian editorial looks good, the impression from the last issue unfortunately remains. This issue appears to lack something, whatever it is, and the Raquel ed doesn't look good at all.

iluvjeisa said:
You know, 4 years of Calvin Klein, L'Oreal and social ladder climbing and comparatively few people know about Natalia compared to what the case would be if Snejana had come into that position. Snejana should be a superstar. She certainly looks like an Andy Warhol superstar. The same can not be said for any of the most successful models sired since the mid 90s...

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something here, but what makes you think that things would be different if Snejana had come into the same position as Natalia? I don't think she would have been any more or less famous, but you seem to think she would've been able to achieve the superstar status that Natalia has not. So I'm curious as to why. :flower:

iluvjeisa said:

Although the Russian editorial looks good, the impression from the last issue unfortunately remains. This issue appears to lack something, whatever it is, and the Raquel ed doesn't look good at all.

Hm, I see what you mean about Natalia not being as well-known as she should be, but I do recall Snejana recognizing that Natalia is at least popular in her homeland, whereas Snejana herself is not (In Ukraine). In that same interview, she also said that she has lost a lot of relationships since she began to do well in the modeling world...I'm just not sure if anything would be different had she done everything Natalia did :(

OriginalSin said:
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something here, but what makes you think that things would be different if Snejana had come into the same position as Natalia? I don't think she would have been any more or less famous, but you seem to think she would've been able to achieve the superstar status that Natalia has not. So I'm curious as to why. :flower:

Because of her star quality. There seem to be two steps involved in models becoming phenomenons, in fact in any popcultural star becoming a phenomenon. The first is that they have to gain the trust/confidence of the people in the biz (movies/music/modeling) and the second is the effect of their actual performance on their audience. In fact, this bleeds over to authors, scientists, every profession. IMO, Snejana would go further, given the chance....IMO, though :wink:

I think if Natalia had married a man who had charisma or notoriety - rather than an immensely rich scion of a land-owning London family - then she'd have a higher celebrity profile. As it stands, the only sections I ever see her name in, are the 'society' pages of magazines and newspapers, and she seems largely ignored by the tabloids, in terms of being a beauty - Lily Cole gets more coverage than Natalia does! But I'm guessing Natalia's more content with having millions to her name, rather than column inches.

iluvjeisa said:
Because of her star quality. There seem to be two steps involved in models becoming phenomenons, in fact in any popcultural star becoming a phenomenon. The first is that they have to gain the trust/confidence of the people in the biz (movies/music/modeling) and the second is the effect of their actual performance on their audience. In fact, this bleeds over to authors, scientists, every profession. IMO, Snejana would go further, given the chance....IMO, though :wink:
Ohh I see. Thanks for responding :smile:

the 'tsarines' edito is hot but the furs and the cover.. not

(those me and my baby covers are a bit off)

I feel a little bad requesting this, but can someone please scan or post Sasha's drawings? Automatic karma and love for anyone that can :flower:

not interesting issue at all eds are all dull as models are...lot of natalia vodianova ( 2 or 3 articles)
just bought it for my collection
it`s odd to speaks about country when u don`t know `bout that u had`n been there and just saw some nice girls-models that seems 2 b funny -)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->