Vogue Paris October 2006 : Natalia Vodianova by Mario Testino

Faith Akiyama said:
^That was also more than a year ago, though...that's quite a long time. Most of the other girls in that issue are still going strong :/

"Most of the other girls are still going strong"... eventhough i don't totally agree on that comment... let's not forget that eugenia was already a big name in the fashion industry when that ed was shot... I don't know who the hell wrote the article because they only talked about carmen natalia and karolina as being the successful models... obviously they didn't know hana and eugenia... Natasha was a newcomer and inguna was the least known of the bunch so that's quite normal that we still see these 2 girls a lot (not that uch lately though, that's why i said i disagreed). And marija... well i always thought she was boring... never really made it BIG, sometimes you see her on the runway, sometimes you don't... eventhough she still gets some editorial work she isn't as striking as the other models listed above :innocent:

WhiteLinen said:
I'd love to see Eugenia.

Well, do you remember the Anglomania issue of Vogue UK? They had a Russian [Vodianova] on the cover then. I think it's stupid they can't use the models from the country they are building their issues about...
well, there was also the february 06 issue of Vogue Paris, dedicated to Argentina and the models on the cover were Mariacarla( Italian) and Patricia Schmid( Swiss). I also remember the viva Italia one with Anna Mariya Urazhevskaya on the cover( I think it was in May). They certainly had nothing to do with those countries...
The cover is very US Vogue imo, especially because they take Natalia as a celebrity, photographing her with her baby and so on, and also because they write her name on the cover and they have an article on how she lost the weight she gained during the pregancy... So weird and unappropriate for Vogue Paris

Bad cover! Both mother and daughter look bored out of their minds and it looks like a Elle Paris cover. This being aggravated but the cheap writing on the baby's dress (bad position:(
"Beauty: mission get younger
Natalia: my secret to lose weight after Neva."

Really I was expecting a bit more class and sophistication from Carine. Still I am an hopeless sucker for Russia so I'll buy it anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Those sentences really don't match with cover's mood. :ermm:

Harumi said:
Bad cover! Both mother and daughter look bored out of their minds and it looks like a Elle Paris cover. This being aggravated but the cheap writing on the baby's dress (bad position:(

Really I was expecting a bit more class and sophistication from Carine. Still I am an hopeless sucker for Russia so I'll buy it anyway.

I agree with you.
I hope this is a one off.

I didn't know Paris Vogue could be so disappointing. Natalia also had some overexposure lately :ninja:

Harumi said:

I agree, the cover photo and cover content highlights do not excite me at all, it's only the Russian aspect that has peaked my curiosity and I am hoping for some killer editorials!!!! I can’t wait to see the scans, hopefully they will justify the issue.

I don't understand I suscribe (my first time subscription long after Le Journal de Mickey et J'aime Lire) and I still haven't got it. my friend who is a suscriber told me they receive it by the 20th of each month!!! and as a long time buyer of Vogue Paris, I know it's out very soon for the rest of the readers!
I'm sad & angry!

Sorry about quality, that's the best I could do without a scanner.
Hopefully somebody will post better scans later...

Fur Play
Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Emmanuelle Alt

Diorette, did you received the mag by mail ?
I did many "kiosques" in Paris today and I can't find it, they told me tomorrow...

Okay, I'm so impatient ot have it, every mornig since Friday I go to the papers shop, and every morning they said me "not yet" ! :lol:

I'm impatient to see NATALIA !
I love this cover, I love Natalia, but I think the photographer is a stupid guy, when you work with a baby, you had to think about that, you can't do as if it was a dog or an handbag !

And about the russian polemic : I think it's stupid to talk only about russians models, it would be better to talk about eastern models (> Daria, Diana, Karolina, Carmen, Tiuu...)
BUT they decided to talk only about russian, so it's logical to put Natalia in cover (even if Sasha is the face of the season, or Snejana "so lovely",or Eugenia "the best to me !") because she is becoming more than a model, a new incarnation of Cinderella, a girl that everybody knows out of the fashion world (talk about Snejana or Sasha or Eugenia to the stupid guy next to you at work or school -not if you work in an agency or for Vanity Fair, of course, it would be cheat !- and he wouldn't know who is she, but it's 98% sure that he would know Natalia -not necessary her name but her face ). In 4 years she became an icon, with 2 of the best exclusive contracts of the fashion world...
Everybody have his favourite, because taste is different for everybody, and it's logical that you would prefer your russian favourite in cover, but Natalia is here not as a model but as a symbol, the symbol of success for a country ...

and if you don't love her beauty, respect the person, she is a big heart and didn't forget her roots... contrary to many people !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->