Vogue Paris October 2006 : Natalia Vodianova by Mario Testino

The David Sims story with Bette is wild. Not exactly new territory for Sims and Marie-Amelie Sauve but it is so crazy and beautiful. I love it.

Natalia

by Mikael Jansson

by Patrick Demarchelier

Pope Star
Mario Testino
Carine Roitfeld

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it this morning - I still dislike the cover but it does look better in real life, as the gloss brings out the graduation of the grey in the background, and sets off the ornamentation in the dress. For me, the contents are in the typical French Vogue style: when an editorial is good, it's stunning - and when it's bad, you could weep at the waste of paper.

Uhm, that Pope star ed isn't too bad. Mario Testino does some sorta grunge, well, he does it a lot better than the usual suspects would. I think it's a good idea to have a photogpraher who is very experienced in one type of photography, say Testino's glam photography, do something completely different. Like this :wink:

^Mario's best work is his non-glossy work IMO.
I used to find him a dull and untalented hype man but then I discovered his book Any Objections and I was blown away. The themes and subjects are of the sort Terry Richardson would find appealing but while I think terry's work is pure trash, Testino's is sexy, provocative, full of energy, disturbing and simply stunning as hell.
I just wonder why he wastes his obvious talent mainly taking boring pictures of society girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harumi said:
^Mario's best work is his non-glossy work IMO.
I used to find him a dull and untalented hype man but then I discovered his book Any Objections and I was blown away. The themes and subjects are of the sort Terry Richardson would find appealing but while I think terry's work is pure trash, Testino's is sexy, provocative, full of energy, disturbing and simply stunning as hell.
I just wonder why he wastes his obvious talent mainly taking boring pictures of society girls.

I think Testino has a knack for making pretty covers, and I do like some of his more glam work, but, like you, what I like most is when he goes outside his usual territory.

Quite bizarrely, this has been the first issue of French Vogue that's ever been sold out in the one shop in my city that stocks it. While for me, the cover is rather bland, it must have reached out to more people than the usual issues do.

tigerrouge said:
Quite bizarrely, this has been the first issue of French Vogue that's ever been sold out in the one shop in my city that stocks it. While for me, the cover is rather bland, it must have reached out to more people than the usual issues do.

I think they all must have bought it from the Russian editorial :lol:

Any please scan the editorial "Pope Star " of Mario Testino pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

please, please, please could someone scan the bette+sims edito?
a karma's waiting :wink:

Monmonde said:
please, please, please could someone scan the bette+sims edito?
a karma's waiting :wink:
its on my site

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->