NYC S/S 07 Show Schedule

softgrey said:
and i see that tara is not on the calendar at ALL...
sot THAT worked really well for her ...didn't it...

:rolleyes:...

a little humble pie is good for the soul...
one of the best bits of advice my dad ever gave me was to swallow my pride...
:wink:

well I do agree with you that humility is good for the soul.
this also is a noble virtue that i respect.
However, humility should not mean hypocritical, and that is what a lot of designers are becoming,
they become beholden to these people who, for them at least, seem to hold their careers in their hands like a delicate egg.
they have to take great care to constantly appease these people in hopes that they will help them to become successful.
i never want to live like that.
I genuinely Love people and want to show them the utmost respect, but that should not mean i should be afraid of speaking my mind, or at least Tara in this case.
Also, the calendar is still early, there are a lot of people who are just registering, and may be on later calendars. Myself may be included in that group.
the collection is halfway done and i have already secured a space, but i am still not sure if i want to show, ( i have to decide by next week though)
I have developed a two year plan for my business, and i am not quite sure if a show at this point is in its best interest .
either way i will definately show it to you guys though, you have always been very kind to me.............

love always Ms Softgrey

Are the shows going to be streamed live on the website like they did last season?

Does anyone know why some designers aren't on the schedule? Like Diesel and Miss Sixty for example.

Dolce_sarah said:
Even if you dont have tickets, can you get to see the shows?:blush:
I am planning to go to NYC if we can.....
:clap:

I'd have to say no....It's very tricky to get into any high profile even without tickets, not saying it can't be done, but it isn't so easy. As far as the tents are concerned, you can't get to far up the steps without having an invitation for the show. I've read about people giving away invites outside the show, if someone can't make it, so it may be worth going...if nothing else, you'll get to see some models and editors and celebs out and about:flower:

does anyone know why ralph lauren and narcisco isnt on this schedule?! BLAH!

JJohnson said:
its a joke, but i do find it cute! I hope I can go :D

its entertaining, but kind of an insult to NYC Fashion Week. It belongs in LA....:innocent:

justinleaddict,I'm assuming its because it's not the finalised schedule.

zamb,that's why I have the utmost respect for Zowie and Brian from Boudicca. Their transistion to show in NY wasn't out of that at all but the fact their biggest market is here in which case means their fans. I don't think it's always out of pure pride to express these feelings...if one doesn't who will...ever?! Swallowing one's pride in certain cases just seems cowardly to me...no offense dear softgrey or to your father. In this industry I feel that we've been taking it all in stride for much too long.

and if I were Tara and had such a postion in this industry and such highstrong anecdotes why doesn't she get together with the underground and indie talents in NY,utilise all her volumes of connections(she's got some pretty prominent names,I'm certain)and organise a seperate schedule from the tediom that is the tents and all of the elitists that attend them. Kind of like London does but hopefully more structured.

zamb,that's why I have the utmost respect for Zowie and Brian from Boudicca. Their transistion to show in NY wasn't out of that at all but the fact their biggest market is here in which case means their fans. I don't think it's always out of pure pride to express these feelings...if one doesn't who will...ever?! Swallowing one's pride in certain cases just seems cowardly to me...no offense dear softgrey or to your father. In this industry I feel that we've been taking it all in stride for much too long.

well said my brother ............well said :wink: :wink:

here is the calendar from firstview.

NEW YORK

[SIZE=+1]WOMENS READY TO WEAR FOR SPRING 2007[/SIZE]
Friday, September 8
9:00 am JOHN BARTLETT The Atelier
10:00 am PERRY ELLIS - The Promenade
11:00 am BCBG MAX AZRIA - The Tent
12:00 pm TONI MATICEVSKI - UPS
1:00 pm MARC BOUWER - The Atelier
2:00 pm CIA.MARITIMA - The Promenade 3:00 pm GOTTEX - The Tent 4:00 pm VERRIER - UPS 6:00 pm DUCKIE BROWN - The Atelier 7:00 pm NICOLE MILLER - The Promenade 8:00 pm BABY PHAT by KIMORA LEE SIMMONS - The Tent 9:00 pm ASHISH N SONI - The Atelier 10:00 pm CHRIS AIRE - The Promenade Saturday, September 9 10:00 am ACADEMY ART UNIVERSITY - The Promenade 12:00 pm SABYASACHI - UPS 1:00 pm ALICE ROI - The Atelier 2:00 pm ATIL KUTOGLU - The Promenade 3:00 pm ALEXANDRE HERCHCOVITCH - The Tent 4:00 pm TEREXOV - UPS 5:00 pm JEANSIS BY ANAND JON 6:00 pm JENNI KAYNE - The Atelier 7:00 pm SASS & BIDE - The Promenade 8:00 pm LACOSTE - The Tent 9:00 pm DRAGANA OGNIENOVIC - The Atelier Sunday, September 10 10:00 am LELA ROSE - The Atelier 11:00 am BRIAN REYES - UPS 12:00 pm DKNY - 711 Greenwich Street 1:00 pm GUSTAVO ARANGO - The Atelier 2:00 pm TRACY REESE - The Promenade 3:00 pm SARI GUERON - UPS 4:00 pm DIANE VON FURSTENBERG - The Tent 6:00 pm NAEEM KHAN - The Atelier 7:00 pm TULEH - The Promenade 8:00 pm ROSE CHA - The Tent 9:00 pm AKIKO OGAWA - The Atelier Monday, September 11 9:00 am WILLOW - The Atelier 10:00 am CAROLINA HERRERA - The Tent 11:00 am CYNTHIA STEFFE - The Promenade 12:00 pm JILL STUART - New York Public Library 1:00 pm OSCAR DE LA RENTA - The Tent 2:00 pm REEM ACRA - The Atelier 3:00 pm LUCA LUCA - The Promenade 4:00 pm TAMARA POGOSIAN - Accessories Exhibit Kickoff 5:00 pm PAMELLA ROLAND - The Atelier 6:00 pm MAX AZRIA COLLECTION - The Tent 7:00 pm JOHN VARVATOS - The Promenade Tuesday, September 12 9:00 am TIBI - The Atelier 10:00 am MONIQUE LHUILLIER - The Promenade 11:00 am BILL BLASS - The Tent 12:00 pm CHAIKEN - The Atelier 2:00 pm MALO - The Promenade 3:00 pm BETSY JOHNSON - The Tent 4:00 pm BECKERMAN - 336 West 37th, Loft 11 5:00 pm MAC MILLIAN - Great Jones Spa, 29 Great Jones Street 7:00 pm NANETTE LEPORE - The Promenade 9:00 pm HEATHERETTE - The Tent Wednesday, September 13 9:00 am PORTS 1961 - The Atelier 10:00 am PETER SOM - The Promenade 11:00 am MICHAEL KORS - The Tent 12:00 pm RICHARD CHAI - The Atelier 1:00 pm DOUGLAS HANNANT 2:00 pm CARLOS MIELE - The Promenade 3:00 pm CARMEN MARC VALVO - The Tent 4:00 pm YEOHLEE - 340 Madison Ave. 5:00 pm MILLY - The Atelier 6:00 pm Y & KEI - The Promenade 7:00 pm ANNA SUI - The Tent 8:00 pm MICHON SCHUR - UPS 9:00 pm VLASSIS HOLEVAS - The Atelier Thursday, September 14 9:00 am ALICE RITTER - UPS 10:00 am J. MENDEL - The Promenade 11:00 am BADGLEY MISCHKA - The Tent 12:00 pm ABAETE The Atelier 1:00 pm MALANDRINO - Roseland Ballroom 1:30 pm VENA CAVA PRESENTATION - UPS 2:00 pm VERA WANG - The Tent 3:00 pm TEMPERLEY LONDON - The Promenade 4:00 pm CALVIN KLEIN 5:00 pm CALVIN KLEIN 6:00 pm JOANNA MASTRIOANNI - The Atelier 7:00 pm CUSTO BARCELONA - The Promenade 8:00 pm ZAC POSEN - The Tent 9:00 pm JASON WU - The Atelier Friday, September 15 9:00 am PROJECT RUNWAY - The Promenade 12:00 pm LISA THON - The Atelier 1:00 pm MANUEL - The Tent 2:00 pm VIVIENNE TAM - The Promenade 3:00 pm DONNA KARAN - 711 Greenwich Street 4:00 pm ERIN FETHERSTON - UPS 5:00 pm JAY MCCARROLL - The Atelier 6:00 pm DOO.RI - The Promenade 7:00 pm CHADO RALPH RUCCI - The Tent 9:00 pm EDUN - Hudson Hotel, 9-11 pm

Last edited by a moderator:
^ yeah Jay was the season 1 winner...I'm glad he is getting a collection out.

I am gonna try to go to a few things, more under the radar shows...unfortunately, I have no connections so we'll see if I actually get in to anything.

Yeah I'm very excited to see his Fall line. This is his first time at NY Fashion week (excluding the finale of season 1) too, right?

kellyt said:
^ yeah Jay was the season 1 winner...I'm glad he is getting a collection out.

I am gonna try to go to a few things, more under the radar shows...unfortunately, I have no connections so we'll see if I actually get in to anything.

I hope i can see his show...i have a feeling its going to be crazy..... eeep!

I'll be in town on the 14th and 15th, hopefully I will be able to catch some of the shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->