OCM - *oil cleansing method

oil.jpg

hakanson - the oil
pic from hakinssonskin.com

yes yhou can =]

i think i'm going to try this (yes, i'm late)!

it sounds relaxing, which i have a lot of trouble doing, so even if it doesn't cure my skin, at least it will be a nice experience.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I have a few pimples at the moment - just normal ones, but around my hairline, so maybe I'm not rinsing carefully enough when I OCM. Or if going to a different (hotter) climate last week may have been the culprit. It's only been recently though. Good news is though that since starting OCM every night (and moisturising with jojoba oil every time after cleansing) I haven't had a massive hormonal/cystic/PMS pimple!!

TekkaMakki, I use jojoba oil every day and night. My skin loves it. But some people can react to it. If you are a makeupalley.com member search the reviews on jojoba oil- they might be able to be of some assistance. I have found I don't need to exfoliate as much with the OCM because my flannel does the scrubbing for me. Although something mild like a Dr Hauschka/Jurlique-type face wash cream is what I use when I do exfoliate.

urgggg i havent been able to ocm in like a week.... im dying! i must do it tonight.

omg im gonna try this right now.

I have cetaphil cause i ran out of all my nice skincare and i've been looking for somethign simple.

^I use that cleanser, its great!! Although it is a little pricey so I might try something else.

I used OCM for like 3 months and while it really did improve the quality of my skin underneath but it made my spots worse, so I stopped using it. I would have loved for it to be really good as I'm all for natural skin care

It really depends on the oil you use, you may want to try different ones. Jojoba made me break out badly...as did certain high-quality cosmetic extra virgin olive oils. So far, grapeseed oil has given soft and clear skin like nothing else; they say it's the lightest and recommended for oily/breakout prone skin. And you can also try blending some drops of teatree/lavender in the oil.

i ocmed last night for the first time in like a week (damn) and my skin is already back to baby butt smoothness...
once you start there is seriously no going back.

ok, first night.

I felt like I was going to wake up with a face full of pimples.

NOT!

I swear, I've had this problem for the past days because of the sudden change of weather, my face was getting small pimples around my hairline and around my nose, but today, they seemed to be a bit less visible.

My skin was glowing, soft and felt balanced. I didn't need to use a moisturizer, even after shaving.

Now today is my first day out on the sun, I will not use this method on the day because its so nasty outside, I wont need the extra oil and moisture. So let's see what happens on day one and night two. I think my best balance for this is doing the OCM at night, and Cetaphil and after shaving oil if needed on the morning.

needless to say, im very excited!

Last edited by a moderator:
HAH i knew you'd get addicted!

yeah i dont do it in the morning i just use a gentle cleanser

Do you think it would work on Oily skin.
Cause im not dry, not normal... just oily ha ha. I really would like to try this!

ok, second evening of trying this.

I spent the day at work, and I was exposed to hot weather, cold temperature, and my skin was fine, I didnt even need to touch up my foundation through the day like I normally do. No excess oiliness on my skin like normally.

I just did the ocm again tonight, let's see.

I think supermarkets here stock it too....not sure about Denmark though!

Tried it last night! I felt I had a few small pimples coming along and this morning they were somewhat less visible just as Alejandro described. I LOVE this!!! So cheap too, I'm a student!

Now I just need to get rid of blotchiness....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->