Olivia Palermo

I can't say that I like that dress... Not on her anyway, the fit just isn't right IMO

No it's an old event, but I love her style in 3413. The makeup and hair work so well. I loved her look back then! She should go back to it :lol:

(Sabina1001) Thanks for the tip. I ordered the striped jacket today. I will keep you posted on how it fits.

There were some posts about people wondering how long it must take her to get so 'perfect' for the day and really guys, some people are just really good at looking good. I know a girl who spends ten minutes with her GHD in the morning, she knows how to do curls that stay perfect all day and just sprays it with some woolworths hold-it spray. She has nice skin and she's already pretty so lipgloss, blush and some eyeliner/mascara looks effortless on her. **see tFS community rules**

Its just kind of annoying how some people assume well dressed, 'perfect' people spend lots of time.

So yeah, back to my point. As unfair as it is, there are people out there who dont spend alot of time looking perfect. Perhaps Olivia spends her time planning her outfit because she does have to look good for the show and herself but like, she has the body to make any pair of denim shorts look 'hot/classy' and she's just naturally beautiful so it'd be easier for her to look perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Maybe she DOES spend a tonne of time because she knows that's pretty much all she's judged on? It's all she really has to offer at this point, so it's really naive to assume that she just throws things on, runs her flat iron through her hair, and she's off to run corporations and solve world hunger.

she's amazing at effortlessly melding classic with modern, the Great Hollywood icons of pastime would really like it I think :wub:

RandomGlitter: I wasnt referring to her morals or ethics at all.:huh: OR that looking good is really easy and quick for her.

I was purely talking about my opinion with her style, just like this forum is intended for.

There are some people who look great and perfect like her, without spending a long time. I thought it was naive of those comments a fair while back assuming perfect people take a long time.

I totally understand what you mean Egghead. There are people at my school who have like perfect skin and all they have to do is use a little concealer, blush, and mascara and they're ready to go.

Even if she does spend a ton of time getting ready, who gives a sh*t? Her thread is one of the most viewed in the Star Style forum. Everytime I come in here there are at least 2 members + 10 guests browsing along with me. Obviously Olivia is significant in the fashion world. People look up to her for her style, and she's aware of that. It would be stupid if she didn't spend more time getting ready.

and she's off to run corporations and solve world hunger.

Thats what I was referring to :smile: I know - everyone knows, that she isn't solving world hunger. I was just talking about her style is all.

michyed: Obviously the people a few pages back do as they were wondering :smile:

Olivia Palermo is seen on the streets of Manhattan on October 31, 2009 in New York City.

gettyimages

I don't think anyone was criticising her for likely spending a long time to get ready. Most of us were marveling at her. I respect her more for taking the time and having the results be obvious as opposed to people who spend 2 hours looking like they didn't put any effort into their look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChameenVT
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->