Olivia Palermo

I loved that dress with the black blazer @ #5509
Thanks for posting that pic marjanthelion! Didn't think she wore the Topshop boots with that dress, clever accessorising! :crush:

that sequined outfit is lovely! I love leather skirts too and she looks great in them.

michyed thanks again for your contribution to this thread, i dont think we would have half of the images or videos or articles without you!

michyed thanks again for your contribution to this thread, i dont think we would have half of the images or videos or articles without you!

i got those earrings from oasis that kind of-but not really look like Olivia's vintage ones but they are way too big on my ears:( really dissapointed. maybe i just need to get used to them but i love the way hers look on her! grrr..

You guys are so sweet :blush:

Just in case people haven't read this already...

When we found out that stylish Manhattan socialite Olivia Palermo is a fan of our very own Freda, we couldn’t resist inviting her over to London to try on the collection and be a spokesmodel for the label! The uptown girl became a style icon when she stole the show in MTV’s The City, a glossy depiction of the lives and loves of a set of well-dressed twenty-something-year-olds in New York.

She’s sweetly charming with impeccable manners – not to mention heartmeltingly beautiful - with style to match. She turned up to the Freda photo shoot in her signature shorts (all the better for displaying those enviable legs) and red nail polish – she claims she’s obsessed with red nail polish; when we take it off for the shoot, she makes sure to put it straight back on afterwards!

She tells us that she loves London, and is even considering moving here at some point. “I love Notting Hill,” she explains, as she models the chic cobalt hued “Sara” dress. “I visited the Matches store on Ledbury Road, and couldn’t resist buying a few Freda pieces!” What did she get? The ruffled tangerine “Natalie” dress (I love the colour of it!”) and a silvery grey trouser suit, which she says she’ll wear constantly.

“The whole idea of the collection is that it is wardrobe staples with a chic, cool edge,” says Freda designer Joanna Sykes. “That’s how Olivia dresses.” And Ms Palermo is clearly in agreement – having caught the Freda fever, she’s heading back to London for Fashion Week to showcase the AW10 collection for a short film, and has even pre-ordered some of the knitwear! We can’t wait to see how good it looks on her...

Q&A with Olivia

Olivia Palermo is the sweetest girl in the world. She’s all smiles as she turns up to the shoot in her signature red nail polish and chic city shorts (those legs!), works uncomplainingly for 13 hours, and leaves everyone feeling that they are her New Best Friend. As the pretty socialite rocks her favourite pieces for the photographer (she looks sooo good in the silver leather jacket), we gleamed fashion tips from Freda’s favourite girl...

What do you think the difference is between New York and London style?
I think both are so unique. Manhattan style is very polished, but I love the edginess of British fashion...that’s what I want with my clothes.

Would you ever consider a NY-LON lifestyle, and if so where in London would you live?
Johannes (her German model boyfriend of two years) and I spend a nice amount of time already in London, but I think in time we will most likely have a flat here. I’m not sure where yet! I love Notting Hill though. It really depends on what we decide when it comes to it.

What are your favourite hotspots here?
Nicole Farhi for lunch, Zuma, Roka, E&O.

What would your travel essentials be?
Ballet flats, blazer, fur scarf.

What are your favourite NY hidden treasures?
They won’t be hidden if I tell you!

Who are your style icons?
I look at fashionable girls from different cities around the world. I enjoy seeing how different cultures are expressed through clothes.

Take the classic white top and jeans combo - what one piece would you add to make it your own?
A nicely tailored blazer – it’s such a staple.

You have worked as Accessories Editor for Elle Magazine. Tell us your must-have accessory for SS10?
I love my new Be&D bag, it goes with everything.

What will you be wearing in the front row at London Fashion Week? And to the Freda launch?
You’ll have to wait and see!

(You can see the feature with pics at http://www.matchesfashion.com/fcp/content/fredaoliviapalermo/content)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Olivia is in Paris this week ??

:heart::heart:

I haven't seen any images of her. Maybe she just favours the edgey fashions of London and New York.

Well, I hope she will attend some shows in Paris. I've heard she studied one year here, so why not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idontlikesand
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->