Olivia Palermo

Love the jacket (and the bf).

Is that Laura Whitmore (blonde), Irish MTV presenter, beside them? How random.

I am in love with that shot at #5479! Such a great pose :crush: The fan pictures are great too, lucky girl getting to meet Olivia!

Im loving all her looks lately:D, fun colorful pieces mixed together interestingly, I love that maroon lace m williamson dress she wore to the elle style awards, one of my fav pieces of his new show:heart:

http://streetstylelondon.blogspot.com/2010/02/deer-in-headlights-olivia-palermo.html

DOToliviaperfection4918-1.jpg

A beautiful post on Olivia from streetstylelondon

Last edited by a moderator:

streetstylelondon.blogspot.com

The article is worth a read! Olivia does really seem so sweet :heart:
For those of you in America, you might not believe this, most of us in the UK haven't heard of Olivia Palermo. (But then again, until a few years ago, it was hard to believe you hadn't heard of Victoria Beckham). And as for the rest of the world, you might even be thinking, who cares.

The only reason I knew who she was is because I love following the Red Carpet Fashion Awards, and I'd often vote for her for best red carpet look. I was so curious I even looked her up on wikipedia. You see, we don't get The City here (if they did show it, they'd have to call it 'Oh By the Way There is Another City on the Planet Besides London').

Before we went into the Topshop Unique show, I was shooting people being fast tracked into the vast, amazing Topshop flower market venue. And I saw this girl who just radiated such beautiful niceness, entering alone and sans entourage (and also, surprisingly in hindsight, unnoticed), but when I shot her, my flash went off. She glanced up, startled, & we smiled and waved. I still didn't know who she was. The photo wasn't very good, and I'd probably have deleted it later.

But after the show, there was suddenly this absolute media feeding frenzy for a few people right in front of me: Peaches, for starts (or was it Pixie?) and Olivia. People kept asking me who is this girl and I'd try and explain. I was right next to her, just shooting her while she did the interviews, and man, it was scary as hell. A minder was whisking her off, so I simply said:

'I didn't shoot you earlier because of who you were: I thought you were just a pretty girl.' She looked at me for a moment, one human being to another, as if to say 'thank you for not wanting anything from me.' She thanked me, smiled a real smile, and was whisked away.

It is such a strange world. There were countless pretty girls in the vast room who escaped unnoticed and undocumented. True, she has an absolutely beautiful face: from a photographer's point of view, she is perfection, because she radiates something so pure from within. I've seen people put on that professional smile, but she truly smiles with her eyes.

It's funny, when you're in the midst of the storm that is a fashion week, you only later discover other people had similar experiences. I've been meaning to post this, and just discovered that Garance, too, posted on Olivia, and said something similar, but more succinctly, but it all boils down to the same things: it takes a special person to handle this kind of media circus with dignity and grace.

thanks a lot michyed and corsetted. i love her in this dress with the black blazer :smile:
would love to see her in that dress alone though hehe

The latest article is so nice. Everytime I read something about her, people always underline how pretty, cute and nice she is.

Moderator's Note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please remember to stay on the topic of style... All off topic discussion will be removed.
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To see previous threads please use the search function
  • This thread is for Olivia's style only. All requests/posts relating to the show The City should be posted in it's thread in The Entertainment Spot (like requests for links to view online, etc).
Thank you

4387715853_53bb0b9516.jpg

abimarvel@flickr

I loved that dress with the black blazer @ #5509
Thanks for posting that pic marjanthelion! Didn't think she wore the Topshop boots with that dress, clever accessorising! :crush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idontlikesand
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->