Overrated Actors

^^ totally agree. saving private ryan is one of the best movies. and hanks was terrific

Gerard Butler - his attempt at an Irish accent in "P.S I love you" was horrific I'm suprised he wasn't cut from the movie seriously

Brad Pitt - I haven't seen too many Brad Pitt films but that episode of friends he cameo'd in was so so bad

Megan Fox - she even said herself she wouldn't have gotten the roles if she didn't look the way she does

Kiera Knightley - always plays the same posh/victorian era roles

Lindsay Lohan - I know who killed me and Georgia Rule were terrible

Also the Harry Potter kids - it got a little bit better as the films went on but in the early ones it's cringe to wtach

Last edited by a moderator:
Lindsay Lohan - I know who killed me and Georgia Rule were terrible

Lindsay Lohan isn't particularly well-appreciated, though, particularly as an actress. While she certainly has her own fanbase, just by reading the first three pages of her Muse magazine issue thread here at tFS you realize the general opinion is pretty settled on Lohan being all around laughable, especially as an actress. And anyway, who doesn't have some kind of a fanbase. Anyone can be an actress, but I can't think of a lot people who would put "Lindsay Lohan" and "serious actress" in the same sentence (unless it were with a negation, of course) that weren't dedicated fans of her.

Gerard Butler - his attempt at an Irish accent in "P.S I love you" was horrific I'm suprised he wasn't cut from the movie seriously

I love Gerard but I have to agree! :ninja:
One minute he had an accent then he didn't. It was the same in The Ugly Truth. Shouldn't a director, cinematographer, someone notice this? :blink:

I comepletely agree. And she always makes her characters seem unnecissarily cocky.

I think that's kinda the way Keira likes to be cast though, because she considers that type of role something she does well. It doesn't really have a lot to do with her -- e.g. her respective characters in Atonement and Pride & Prejudice were both pretty accurate in terms of the characters in the respective Ian McEwan and Jane Austen novel originals (though P&P, the film, overall left a lot to be desired in comparison to the work of genius that is the book).

anna kendrick - overrated and annoying; also, she like a not-pretty version of ashley greene

that girl with the bambi-look from grey's anatomy - she's not that overrated since i don't even know her name but she's very annoying; she's overrated just for being on too many Grey's anatomy episodes

audrey tautou in amelie; other than that i like her

How can Anna be overrated while she has barely had the chance to prove herself to a big audience?

Megan Fox. "Her boobs should get separate billing" is all I can say about her supposed acting skills.

i find anna overrated because she's about to win an Oscar for a performance that i did not like; she's overrated for me; of course i'm being subjective this is a subjective topic

lol ; emma watson is very overrated in terms of acting and looks; daniel is not a bad actor IMO

lol ; emma watson is very overrated in terms of acting and looks; daniel is not a bad actor IMO
I think that it's just a hype..I remember when I saw the last movie I LOLed when I saw the scene where Hermione is pis*sed at Ron for being with another girl and Harry is trying to comfort her.. I'm being a bit mean, but they're really overrated IMO

^^Hahaha, I didn't know the Harry Potter kids were at all regarded as decent actors! :lol:

Personally, up until Harry Potter 5 I think they were all too young to be judged on their credibility as actors. However, in The Goblet of Fire, where Daniel Radcliffe cries over Cedric's dead body, I remember half the movie theater just exploded in laughter. Including myself, because that's how laughably awkward Daniel's performance was. I have nothing against any of the kids per se, but Daniel as an actor just really isn't on a par with the others.

(I actually downright hate the film and book franchises, but somehow I've ended up watching almost all of the Harry Potter films, anyway. Though I confess I slept through most of 2. :lol:)

^ The post script (was it?) reminded me of my New Moon experience. After a lot of prodding from my sisters I conceded and watched the movie with them and even paid for the effin' tickets. I slept throughout most of the movie. What would Taylor Lautner have done if he didn't have that body? Only Kirsten's performance was laudable. The rest were pathetically pathetic.

Michael Cera and Zooey Deschanel- they're both very one dimensional.

xerq, I agree with Michael Cera. He plays the same type of character in every single movie.

Also overrated:
Kristen Stewart
Ewan McGregor
Angelina Jolie
Keira Knightley

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yohjiyamamotor
Back