The Most Overrated Designers...

i think its unfair to call Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen overrated.

..but then again. what is overrated? take Michael Kors for example. i have yet to meet anyone who actually likes his designs, so how can he be overrated? he's just un-talented imo. the only really overrated designers are, imo, Marc Jacobs and John Galliano.

Francisco Costa........ugh. I do not get what is so special about him and why people like US Vogue keep praising him!
Miuccia Prada........... I think she tries oh so hard to be different, and sometimes it just comes out ugly....last 2 seasons ring a bell!
Karl Lagerfeld............in RTW...........he is not innovative and he never really brings anything new to the table. Sometimes it is horrible. Couture is another story though!:woot:

gareth pugh overrated because i feel his aesthetics look staid....he has talent but i have yet to see him use it in a substantial way. just my opinion.

oh and michael kors....i think alot of people are going by the shameless lamenting they do on project runway over him as if he's some international sensation or something. not to mention his own ego. it's too easy though....too obvious.

I agree.His stuff is pretty boring ,and not really worth the praise it gets.It's nothing I haven't seen before.

I have to say Marc Jacobs too.I like his fall collections usually but his spring collections are pretty ugly if you ask me.

John Galliano. He's really talented, but his collections look the same every season. I want something new and shocking.

michael kors bores me to tears
i have never purchased a single kors item, nothing has ever appealed to me

John Galliano is overrated in RTW though i am really respectful to his couture designs.

i think stella McCartney is overrated and i think Alber Elbaz is underrated imo....
John Galliano and Marc Jacobs are geniuses and deserve that recognition, the couture at Dior last january was out of this world..

i agree to Marc Jacobs and John Galliano.. but I love MJ. I can't help it.

I agree with you about Marc.
There is just something that about his work that I can't hate or even dislike.
I just wish he wasn't so overhyped 24/7 but I can't help but to love him (esp. Marc by Marc)

i think its unfair to call Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen overrated.

..but then again. what is overrated? take Michael Kors for example. i have yet to meet anyone who actually likes his designs, so how can he be overrated? he's just un-talented imo. the only really overrated designers are, imo, Marc Jacobs and John Galliano.

Yeah, I do agree about Kors....no one really likes him at all so I suppose he is just untalented and not "rated" at all.

But with McQueen and Westwood, I believe Westwood as I said about Coco is that they are relevant because of their history not the current (I know Coco has been dead for awhile, I just mean the Chanel house in general). She [Westwood] just doesn't make relevant fashion anymore but she is still praised season after season.

Then McQueen......honestly I have never seen the appeal really so maybe I am biased. :innocent:

for the prices designers are charging, everyone is overrated. :P

Karl Lagerfeld......it's been about 5 years since Ive seen anything anything new from him. Everything keeps getting repeated over and over and over etc.

Marc Jacobs- EVERYTHING he does is unoriginal and boring and when it IS original it's still boring and ugly, US Vogue needs to get over him and find a new suck-up.

Michael Kors- I do like his work but he can be so bland sometimes.

Muiccia Prada- Her only tool is advertising, everything else she does is a disaster

Marc Jacobs and John Galliano are seriously overrated ... just like Madonna and Britney Spears

I can't agree with Matthew Williamson, I personally think his latest collections have been fine, I especially love his work for Emilio Pucci! Also I LOVE John Galliano. I don't understand how someone can look at his work for Dior and still say he's a bad designer.

I think Anna Sui is definately overrated, Marc Jacobs also to a certain extent, although I do like what he's doing for Louis Vuitton.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->