Patrick Demarchelier on America's next top model cycle 15

i'm pretty sure [or at least i hope that] they're gonna take girls that already have agencies but are in the development boards

this cycle is a must watch for me.. can't wait for the next 'surprise'.

They aren't doing the show to purely find models, they are doing it for ratings, pure and simple
i think getting people like Andre, Vogue Italia and Patrick in the show they're clearly trying to find a new viewing demographic, members like us on here, that are interested in the industry more than the average teenage viewer looking for abit of drama to entertain their rather miserable lives, those teenagers aren't going to know who Patrick Demarchelier or Andre Leon Talley, or even know of Vogue Italia
i haven't watched the show since .... maybe series 6, I've never taken them seriously, nor will i ever take them seriously
i think the only slightly 'successful model' that has come from the show is possibly Yaya, from her stint as Wilhemina Slaters daughter on Ugly Betty

I don't think alot of you are giving it enough credit, there actually have been alot of girls with true modeling potential, and same who have been quite sucessful. Although, the only truly sucessful winners are Danielle (C6) and Nicole (C5). Danielle has walked for Y-3 and Nicole modeled Burberry Pre-Fall. Of course that's not all they've done but those are just an example.

Mollie Sue (C6) has appeared in multiple editions of Vogue, and Katarzyna (C10) had an editorial in Vogue Australia (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34636929@N07/3347121681/). So I don't think it's fair to say none of the girls who come off of the show are sucessful.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!! GUYS LISTEN TO THIS:

Designers Roberto Cavalli Diane Von Furstenberg, Patricia Field and Zac Posen, photographers Matthew Rolston, Patrick Demarchelier, Francesco Carrozzini, models Karolina Kurkova, Margherita Missoni and fashion experts Kyle Hagler of IMG Models and Franca Sozzani, editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia, will all appear on ANTM when it returns to the CW Sept !!!

Wow... ANTM is definitely going through a major image overhaul. At this rate, I think Tyra might even lower the age requirement she deliberately set rather high. :shock:

I definitely think it's possible to find a beautiful, wispy 18+ diamond in the rough- I even think there have been girls in the past that, with the right management, could have really done something big (Mollie Sue and Fatima come to mind). Hopefully, improving the show's fashion cred will help de-stigmatize the winners and really allow them to pursue serious modeling careers.

it's coming guys :smile:) here's the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/v/S7Ib27JjNNM

and here a preview with Patrick, Tyra and the new crop of girls:

http://www.youtube.com/v/k_1CJn5w0fA

1~84.jpg

Can't WAIT ! lol I looooooove Patrick's work, I'm a huge fan of his photographs and I've been to 2 of his latest exhibitions and it's soooooo cool to see him on my fav tv show: ANTM :smile:) can't wait to hear him talk at the panel with Tyra, André and Nigel :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the photos on ontd. They're terrible! Very cheap and plastic. I guess they were not retouched by the people he normally works with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->