Paul Harnden Shoemaker and more...

nice pic Avantster

surver they are from MRh
barneys shinjuku and yokohama should have a black (off-blackish, strictly) one in cotton gabardine.
also they have shoes on sale right now, btw.

hi runner, sorry missed your post; haven't checked nor been notified by tfs for a while. anyway i suppose i missed it... sigh...

^ maybe there is a possibility that you'll find that jacket on sale around the next sale season unless someone bought it. that's usually the way barneys goes with his clothes.

ph in mayo ad/cm.

kewpie

^ That just made my day. :lol: Must be special 19th-century artisanal mayo...

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a vagabond kewpie.
and holding a plastic bottle of mayo instead of a cigarette may be the contemporary mode.

I wish you're more familiar with japanese since the slogan that comes with this should make your day once more and it's best to enjoy it in the original. I don't like it when things such as nuance are lost in translation.

" 私はどこに行こうとしているのだろうか。
そこに、キユーピーハーフはあるのだろうか。"

Seems to say^ he is looking for a "Kewpie half"

I think the bottle in the picture should be available in any ordinary supermarket nowadays. I often see Japanese mayo in that same format -but I've never tasted it.

I think the bottle in the picture should be available in any ordinary supermarket nowadays. I often see Japanese mayo in that same format -but I've never tasted it.
Generally speaking I can't abide mayonnaise, but in my experience Japanese mayonnaise is less offensive than most.

At least now we know the proper way to accessorize Paul Harnden stuff...

kewpie_mayonaise.jpg

brandlandusa.com

just a rough explanation of it,
the man is on a freight train whose destination he doesn't know.
but what he really cares about is not where he is going but if there is kewpie half (the name of that mayo) available in the place he will get to. he says it seriously.

I don't know, somehow emulsified egg yolk doesn't communicate existential ennui in quite the same way...

yes I know, but it's a half-caloried mayo. it is a product of compromise to authentic mayo fan. so it generates some kind of contemporary ennui in its own way.
( but seriously I just wanted to say the image looks like a kewpie version of your avatar )

just a rough explanation of it,
the man is on a freight train whose destination he doesn't know.
but what he really cares about is not where he is going but if there is kewpie half (the name of that mayo) available in the place he will get to. he says it seriously.
:rofl:
yes I know, but it's a half-caloried mayo. it is a product of compromise to authentic mayo fan. so it generates some kind of contemporary ennui in its own way.
( but seriously I just wanted to say the image looks like a kewpie version of your avatar )
:shock: I hadn't noticed, but you're absolutely right, of course:

another ph this time used in a film which will be released next month

darling-movie.com

PH stocklists

Does anyone have an updated list from Paul Harnden for shops carrying his designs along with contact?

my own pic
IMG_0818.jpg

A/W10 twill weave tweed in beautiful and rich texture of muddy green and charcoal colours with white hair bits come through.

my own pic
IMG_0827.jpg

airy layer of black silk organza with matching cotton cloth underneath.black dye on silk slowly turns blue with friction and wears in time.

beautiful photos chin. is the blue tweed more corse than the new brown /grey tweed? I don't remember it being as hairy?

The new collection of shoes is also fantastic.

Thanks tyro,photo was taken with "dumpster" hat in this season tweed, where long broken yarns poke through the hat and hanging (its name explains the look well).It's a feature only used on the hat, hence you don't see it as hairy on jacket/coat/shorts in the same fabric.

chin, i have not seen your new tweed kilts and coats, and the greenish suede leather pants yet, so poidh : )

nice pics tyro, thanks for sharing :smile:

my own pic
IMG_0828.jpg

A/W09 Herringbone tweed in charcoal and brown with white hair bits

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtletulip413