Pearls

i love pearls. well, i started to like it when i saw this audrey hepburn movie (breakfast at tiffany). its so elegant.

pearls are so versatile.. i mean when i wear a little black dress, i usually use a string of pearls as a belt. it adds up to the glam factor B)

ep63_carrie_pearlnecklaces.jpg

i usually go for this look. not granny

Non-traditional Pearls!!

Pearls are so versatile. With all the new colors that the freshwater pearls are available in, you can have pearls to match any mood or outfit. In my designs, I have pearls combined with red and blue coral, leather,, other semi-precious (colorful) stones...and unique shapes as well. I've got pearls in just about all colors - the dark peacock, black sea shell pearls, silver, teal, purple, zebra striped blue, bronze....and that old rule about not wearing pearls before 6pm is OUT!

HepburnDivine said:
I love my pearls. They beautiful and classy - and the best thing is the more you wear them the better they look!

HOWEVER, I've always been told that wearing pearls before 6pm is a huge no-no! Like wearing brown shoes after the same time. I must admit sometimes wear them discreetly earlier in the day just because I love them so much! (And sometimes I wear brown shoes in the evening too...)
What???I can't believe my mother never told me this! She is totally 'the rules' b*tch...(she still wont hear of pink and red going together, and I've been doing that since I was like 4) and I have very often worn pearls before 6pm, and I'm pretty sure she has too, but she doesn't often wear pearls so I can't be sure..
I think pearls are perfect for daytime, and I think they look better in the day than in the evening! I think for evening/night I would be more likely to go for diamonds, maybe saphires or rubys.

I am doing my own as well, well actually I am gonna start making them. :P

I'll go to this awesome store called "Bidz", they sell all sorts of beads at amazingly low prices. I want to do 3 necklaces to layer on over the other : 1 long, 2 medium lenght in long opaque and slightly shiney long beads. :heart:

I love pearls and wear them with everything. (A simple string of pearls or some pearl studs usually do.) Even the fake ones can be fun!

I have 2 of these and they are really beautiful but this pic dosen't do them justice.

Pearls are always nice. People that I know don't wear them but I sometimes do when wearing something vintage, I also like to hang my pearl necklace onto one of my purses.. it looks really chic and I have receved quite a lot of comments about it.

Worn sweetly, by a young woman from one of the most fashionable countries. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
The first piece of jewelry that my grandmother gave me as a young girl was a string of freshwater pearls. Since this is also the same lady to gave me my first mid-riff baring tee before I even hit high school (although, that might have been because she thought I was shorter than I was. And please, it was the 90s. Mid-riff baring tee were the height of cool then!), I took all fashion items with open arms.

So although I am not quite the accessoriser, I have 2 pearl necklaces, two pearl earrings and trying my hand at being creative and stringing together my own pearl necklaces and being still irrevokably to any pearl items staring out from the jewelry store windows.

highheels said:
I have 2 of these and they are really beautiful but this pic dosen't do them justice.
They look great ! The lock gives the a bit of a Lavin feel to them:flower:

highheels said:

They look great, the lock gives them a bit of a Lavin look ! :flower:

That mother of pearl hoop earring is just gorgeous! I need more pearls~ I am so in love with them :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->