Pearls

how could anyone hate pearls....
i LOVE them!!!!!
i have a fake pearl choker and ppl LOVE it whenever i wear it... :heart: :heart:

Pearls...ah, they can give any outfit an extra "oompf". Wheather they be earrings, necklace, or belt... Absolutely splendid!!
I must admit, at first I thought they were a little old lady-ish but I soon came to love the accessory. I love the extra long pearl necklaces and trying it into a knot at the bottom. Gives it a little unique look.

i love pearls. i've been wearing them a lot this season :innocent:

i attached a clip to either end of a pearl strand so i can wear them hooked onto my belt loop, 50's greaser style :rofl:
i think it looks really nice dangling from below a buttoned-up overcoat.

i also made some using a combination of chain link strands, pearls, and chains with charms on them (like a charm bracelet)

shamelessly inspired in part by dior this season

00490f.jpg

Has anyone seen a Dior pearl choker?
I found a lovely one in an accessories shop, and although the price seems right and they say they provide guarentee/warranty, I need re-assurance, since their not a 'Dior' outlet. I don't want to waste that amount of $ on a fake.

It's a choker, with dangly pearls that cling on your neck, then some strands start falling off..and there's a black leathery/velvety? strap (other color is green), with crystal letters of "DIOR" falling off

Couldnt find a pic online..

No one's seen anything like it? :cry:
We don't have a Dior shop where I live for me to check...I keep passing by the choker every day..bet the shop assistant thinks I'm nuts

I have 2 pairs of pearl earrings that I wear a lot, one pair in pick. I have a necklace that is sort of like a lattice work of pink and white, but I don't wear it all that much.
When I was like sevon or eight I used to have this ring that had a little pearl on it and I always wore it everywhere(It was not real)
Anyone ever read the book The Girl with A Peal Earring?

sometimes i wear my good pearls around the house in my pjs... once u put them on you never want to take them off...

i have white south sea and light pinkish white south sea...

i really want black

i didnt read the book... i watched the movie girl with a pearl earing...

oh i love pearls! if you get the strings of faux pearls, you can wrap them round your wrist or if you have a couple of strings around your neck and you knot them they look more retro if your trying to avoid the 'tea and scones' look some people associate with anything 'pearl'.
I also believe pearls are timeless :rofl:

With pearls you can never go wrong...

You can dress them up or dress them down, you can wear more or less, and they almost never look bad.

The black pearls and colored pearls in my opinion however are best if you are getting dressed up.

The white are versatile.

Then again, if I were a woman, I would only wear the white ones if I were meeting the queen or if I knew I was going out for a night to remember.

But they are so versatile and they look great on all skin tones too.

I love pearls! I hated them a few years ago, thoguth they were only for old hags. I hatem them so much! All of a sudden I love them and can't get enough. :heart:

Some pearl images :flower:

I like pearls too! My great grandma (95) gave me a strand of pearls the other day... They look real I'm going to ask my grandma if they are. I need to get them cleaned too! They are very pretty a heirloom!

i think they're classic. they're also my birthstone so i'm a bit biased, but i espeically love Tahitian black pearls.

i bought some about a year ago ever since they have been my favorite neclace. cant go wrong with pearls

I love my pearls. They beautiful and classy - and the best thing is the more you wear them the better they look!

HOWEVER, I've always been told that wearing pearls before 6pm is a huge no-no! Like wearing brown shoes after the same time. I must admit sometimes wear them discreetly earlier in the day just because I love them so much! (And sometimes I wear brown shoes in the evening too...)

I adore pearls. But are you guys talking about freshwater, cultured, or both? I like freshwater, personally, especially in all of the different colors and shapes. :heart:

I really love this necklace. It's waaay prettier in real life and looks very delicate while also funky...I think you could wear it either way. :wub: I want it!

[attachmentid=33637]
3 strands of 6mm-7mm abstract pearls in an iridescent peacock color. Sterling silver clasp. Size: Adjusts from to 17"-18" with a twist Price: $ 160

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->