Perfume News

Astrid21

Reaction score
Lena's Stella post reminded me of an article I read in this month's Vogue. Narciso Rodriguez is coming out with his own fragance entitled, Narciso Rodriguez - For Her. :heart: I attached the article I just scanned, and I'm quoting what is said beside it. :wink:

Originally posted by Vogue (US) July 2003
eau de narciso

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Fashion's man of the moment
captures the sweet smell of success.

Who wouldn't want to wear Narciso Rodriguez every day? This fall, you can. Hot on the heels of his brilliant new collection, the minimalist master will introduce his first fragrance, Narciso Rodriquez for Her, inspired by the traditional Egyptian musk oil worn by the designer himself. "I've been wearing the same scent since I was a teenager, and I'd always dreamed of finding a way to evolve it into something really sophisticated and interesting," he says. One year and 862 prototypes later, he finally has. The end result is, like a precision-carved backless Rodriguez gown, more complicated than you'd think: a sultry musk base lightened by notes of orange blossom, amberlyn, and vetiver. Even the packaging was meticulously thought through: The elegant "bottle within a bottle" was inspired by an antique Chinese snuff decanter; the outer carton was fashioned to feel like silk faille so often used in his collections. "My approach to creating the fragrance mirrored my approach to design, " explains Rodriguez. Indeed, when he describes the scent, he might as well be talking about his clothes: "Modern, unfussy, feminine...like nothing you've sensed before." - Evianna Hartman

Available exclusively at Saks Fifth Avenue in September</span>

Attachments

• 0Narciso.JPG
    0Narciso.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 109
Has anyone had a chance to smell it yet? :heart:

E0426085304509_5b45e.jpg

I'm also terrible excited to smell it! :woot:

Does anybody know when this will be out? I read somewhere that it'll be unveiled early in the year but nothing specific.

I'm interested in what it will smell like and since they are known for a sometimes intense, idiosyncratic aesthetic it's bound to be interesting and quirky.

i'll look it up -if i have a chance- while in Paris :wink:

If its good,I want a bottle B)

I might even be the most interesting since Comme des Garçons started her line of fragrances.

if i like it i'll get you one,
do you know where they sell it in Paris?

i doubt i can find it in Colette :ninja:

Get me one? Thank you! :flower:

It seems pretty tight-lipped for some reason. Might be launched during LFW.

I would check at Maria Luisa---doesn't she carry their stuff? Or you could ask at Colette if they will be or are?

If not Paris,we could always check at Barney's when in NY.

Have BOUDICCA deliberately misspelt the word ' woad ' , which is a blue dye-face paint applied to frighten the enemy in Boadacia's time ?

I think we should be told ! B)

KIT :innocent:

of course, Maria Luisa must stock this,
i hope it will not be imediately sold out..

btw, i'm thinking of reading the Boudicca story,
since i've found a brand new paperback on the warrior legent,
have you read her story kit? i hope its not full of battles and killings though,
she seems to be quite violent :innocent:

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 14th, 2004 - 5:03 am
of course, Maria Luisa must stock this,
i hope it will not be imediately sold out..

btw, i'm thinking of reading the Boudicca story,
since i've found a brand new paperback on the warrior legent,
have you read her story kit? i hope its not full of battles and killings though,
she seems to be quite violent :innocent:
ABSOLUTELY , LENA :heart:

We learned about the warrior queen at junior school . B)

As a rider , please look at the ' joshing ' I engaged in with Strawberry Daiquiri :heart: on the subject of ' woad ' , in the ' What is it about Vivienne Westwood ' thread , some time ago . :lol:

We certainly ' bonded ' on that !!! :o

I think I read or heard(I think it was that CNN special) somewhere that the entire aesthetic surrounding Brian and Zowie's fascination with the Queen of Iceni was her principles that she fought for. Violent yes,but that entire era was pretty bloody,wasn't it? :cry:

They had a film on public television which Alex Kingston(of ER fame)played her and it probably did no justice to what actually was happening. It was interesting though because in her day,she was sort of like the Joan of Arc being that she was a woman doing such a thing when women weren't allowed to do much at all.

I think they did diliberately misspell it,kit. Come to think of it,I remember in V magazine in 2001 they had designers and other personalities design concept fragrances and Boudicca was one of them, and there was a photo of a model lying down as if she were struggling, with blue paint splattered all over her. Hmmmm....they did say that this scent was 3 years in the making.

Does anyone know what the scent is meant to be based on? Like citrus, floral, earthy, woody, ect?

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 14th, 2004 - 9:56 am
I think they did diliberately misspell it,kit. Come to think of it,I remember in V magazine in 2001 they had designers and other personalities design concept fragrances and Boudicca was one of them, and there was a photo of a model lying down as if she were struggling, with blue paint splattered all over her. Hmmmm....they did say that this scent was 3 years in the making.
Thanks for the info Scott :heart:

Sorry I can't help you with the perfume , as I'm housebound with illness at the moment . :(
Would someone like Sean ( Acid ) :flower: , or ahhGucci :flower: be able to find out for you , as they live in London ? :blush:

I do hope they don't mind my mentioning their names :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->