Peter Copping - Designer, Creative Director of Lanvin

Very promising! I like Peter’s work for NR and OdlR! Big hopes he can revive this brand!

I like his work for Nina Ricci and Oscar, but his style is very very decorative. Not very clinical if they are going for a faux BV; but it's a good choice to have him instead of a new kid.

I wonder if Ludivine Poiblanc can stay at Lanvin or if Alex White is coming in (considering she styled both Ricci and Oscar with Peter)

A fantastic pairing in theory, but I will wait until the first full collection to see. Not that I don’t think he could pull it off, we’ve just been burnt too many times in recent years by designer appointments.

Great to see him out of the Balenciaga position though. Brand state withstanding, Peter does deserve some recognition and appreciation so let’s hope Lanvin provides that. As long as Madame Wang and co don’t cause things to sour to soon (presuming she’s still there in the same position). Also wonder how long this has been in the works as it may be an explanation for the recent Balenciaga couture collection.

As long as Madame Wang and co don’t cause things to sour to soon (presuming she’s still there in the same position).

She sold her company years ago, since Bruno, Lanvin belongs to a Chinese group, formerly known as 'Fosun', but now renamed as 'The Lanvin Group'. They have Sergio Rossi and Wolford tights in their portfolio

Now we're talking Lanvin. Ok, you have the talent, it's time for the suits to do their job and back up his vision. With an eye-catching bag and strong collection, Lanvin will be back in the conversation in no time.
I can't wait to see his offering for menswear, it's a new territory for him to explore his aesthetic.
If this is successful, maybe they can allow him to revive the couture line for the house.

Non related but since Peter is making a comeback, which maison can JDL can take over?

Finally someone that's promising. I have hopes for Lanvin again and i wish they could do wonders. Although I have concerns about the fashion business nowadys.
I saw the article about "Fosun" is not doing quite well, because they are expanding too fast.
I hope Lanvin will be wonder soon~~~

Nice. Haven't heard his name in a while. His designs were always feminine if i recall. Who was that last young Lanvin designer? He sort of reminds of Sabato.

I think Vanessa Friedman summed him up pretty well today in the NYT: “known for his feminine sophistication as well as his technical prowess”.

Lanvin is more his style over Balenciaga under Demna.

It’s quite an unusual pick, and he’s a designer from a bygone era. It’s refreshing becuase now it’s all about picking the second-in-command at a mega brand like a Matthieu Blazy, Sabato, Sean McGirr etc.

who could follow after OLIVIER?
giphy.gif

giphy

Fabulous news!
He is talented and what he did for Nina Ricci was splendid both in terms of fashion or in creative direction! Those fabulous campaigns with Raquel!
After some questionable decisions, someone is finally thinking right at Lanvin!

He was wasting his Time with Demna!
Probably the most promising appointment in a while for ANY house. But isn't he kinda hit and miss? I remember his Nina Ricci years being pretty good, although who could follow after OLIVIER?
I hate to be that person but so far, his name resonates with a glorious past that dating back of 15 years!
If Gaultier calls him, it could gain some sort of interest back in him but even with his talent, he doesn’t have the most attractive track record to incite anyone to take over a house…

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyl278
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->