Peter Copping - Designer, Creative Director of Lanvin

The title of this article by Dazed makes me ill:
Is Lanvin about to become the new Balenciaga?
No offense but how do you get hired as a fashion “writer” with zero research or comprehension skills. Maybe it’s rage bait for clicks.

Obviously Peter was not an acolyte of Demna nor shares the same tastes so why would Lanvin go in the way of Balenciaga.

Finally, one small piece of good news in this otherwise rotten industry.
Excited to see what he will bring!
Since the brand already reached rock bottom, it can only get better from here I guess.
If they're serious about turning things around I hope the Fosun Group will give hime enough time and resources to do so.

Lanvin is in good hands under Copping, its so hard to believe Alber is gone 😢 but considering how other houses are dumpster fires now, Alber would have approved of Copping

No offense but how do you get hired as a fashion “writer” with zero research or comprehension skills. Maybe it’s rage bait for clicks.

Obviously Peter was not an acolyte of Demna nor shares the same tastes so why would Lanvin go in the way of Balenciaga.
I can tell that Copping was responsible for those beautiful archive pieces at Balenciaga that are more aligning with his aesthetic.

i wonder how he will manage his menswear? did he ever make any menswear collection. hope its not womens wear with mens proportions.

i wonder how he will manage his menswear? did he ever make any menswear collection. hope its not womens wear with mens proportions.
I imagine that he'll just go on autopilot using the design team's ideas with the womenswear being more intentionally designed.

This is a bit conspiracy-brained, but was this a hint to his appointement?

That aside, his instagram page is so beautiful. A strong contrast to the selfie-heavy accounts of most designers these day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqqq0102
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->