Peter Copping - Designer, Creative Director of Lanvin

This is a bit conspiracy-brained, but was this a hint to his appointement?

That aside, his instagram page is so beautiful. A strong contrast to the selfie-heavy accounts of most designers these day.

1000% it was

I don't know about all this hype. It's still ultimately up to the corporate environment he's adopted into. Can you imagine placing all this burden on him and then just ending up with a Demna-ified Lanvin?

I don't know about all this hype. It's still ultimately up to the corporate environment he's adopted into. Can you imagine placing all this burden on him and then just ending up with a Demna-ified Lanvin?
I can't say much, but from what I do know about the lead-up to his hiring, I don't think there's any risk of that happening.

If you check Lanvin's Instagram, they cleared the history except for a brand campaign that they commissioned Steven Meisel to shoot. That will give you a sense of the brand's vibe going forward. It's all about "le chic ultime." Or what they have said in press releases "radical chic."

Also, from what I understand Copping is keeping the existing design team so if you look at what they did for Resort 25, it shouldn't be too drastically different.

its good he is keeping the design team, there were a few good looks in their in-house collections.

I don't mind the new logo by M/M - it's a bit more modern. I also loved their classic logo, though - it looks great on bags. M/M did the Byredo logo.

What I find weird is that the old logo is still used on their new bags - like the Hobo Cat bag. But then they use the new logo on a raffia bag. It's inconsistent.

I like the new logotype. It's based on a typeface from the house's archives.

The old one was imperfect from a typographical point of view and, to me, it looked a bit stale (reminded me too much of Alber's era). But I get it, it's a lot of look.

Beautiful logo. To the average eye, seems more like a variation than a total redesign.

Hoping he nods to classical 20s Lanvin and stay away from the worst trends of our era - silly oversize, miserable mood ... Demna's whole aesthetics tbh.

Who's doing menswear?

Beautiful logo. To the average eye, seems more like a variation than a total redesign.

Hoping he nods to classical 20s Lanvin and stay away from the worst trends of our era - silly oversize, miserable mood ... Demna's whole aesthetics tbh.

Who's doing menswear?
I think he's designing both womenswear and menswear like Sialelli did.

Slightly off topic, but I wonder if the release of all these mini series' depicting the lives of Dior, Chanel, Balenciaga, Lagerfeld and Saint Laurent are sparking a grander interest on mid-century couture?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->