Phoebe Philo - Designer

It seems they made a few minor changes in the strategy, adding 'more to come' for the majority of sold out items. I hadn't seen that before. They still need to find a more sophisticated way to mark items sold out, instead of the red coloring of images.

You can see that the frenzy has already cooled a little compared to the launch, while actually I think this second drop had more interesting propositions overall.

Well it's really just an addition to the first batch with some flashier items thrown in for the holiday season. While I appreciate some of the cuts, the tailoring and her use of red, brown and plum, I wouldn't pay that much for what she (and not just her ofc, luxury fashion overall is crazily overpriced nowadays) is offering. I also find that some of it could've been made a bit more special.. those pieces that are essentially satin pillowcases with sleeves are truly plain, particularly at £1000+ prices.

The worst type of publicity ever. She should have dressed Tracee Ellis Ross!
But Edward supporting Phoebe over that supposed Iman thing is quite a statement…

Nevertheless, instead of getting custom womenswear he should have went to Anderson & Sheppard…To actually get a silhouette!

I like Phoebe but 27000 dollars for an ugly shearling coat!!! Bring back the Chinchillas and Minks plz, the coat has to be rendered in Mink, this is just sad and hideous.

It's a steep asking price for not the "real" thing it is trying to be. I don't mind it, I'm just confused by the all black back of it. If it were shorter without the gross sash belt and the back not in black, it would look a little more luxe in that bad taste kind of way. Either that, or just have the shearling sleeves sewn into a plain wool semi fitted jacket to play into the tacky animalistic look of the hair itself (which I like, but you need to a keen eye to use it well).

Frankly, if she used a nice goat skin or bles/springbok (a shorter hair) this would have been a bit more chic. And the shorter hair as the belt would look a little less like an extended loofah.

No thanks, the tailoring on that suit looks unflattering - He would have looked better in something a little more structured. When you aren't the height and slenderness of a model, a line from head to toe that is loose like that adds bulk - One of the concerns I am also having regarding her women's suit jackets - I doubt those will look good on a woman quite a bit less tall than the models she showed them on.

Mink is beautiful but it really is antiquated. I cringe whenever I see a 20 something wearing it.
The industry's 3 fold maximized slay of no questions asked swapping out mink for shearling to virtue signal, supplement the old massive profit of fur, and justify the price increase of merch while the consumer just goes along with it is so hilarious and sad lol. Status symbols for the "middle class" are more superficial than ever.

I doubt that's her lifestyle these days and reading such comments about her appearance make me cringe - She must be in her late 40ies or early 50ies at this point, so unless she'd see the plastic surgeon on a regular basis or relies on heavy make up like Victoria Beckham, that's what I expect her to look like. I for one am glad she stays true to herself like that.

The clothes in both Edward and Phoebe look like they have been borrowed from the wardrobe of random people with bigger sizes than them...oversized gone wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
The clothes in both Edward and Phoebe look like they have been borrowed from the wardrobe of random people with bigger sizes than them...oversized gone wrong.
Edward's suit reminds me of David Byrne's Big Suit (I can't stop listening to Stop Making Sense lately, so it's on my mind!)... but in the worst way possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theseaswell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->