Phoebe Philo - Designer

While I have become bored of that aesthetic, and would love for Phoebe to present something beyond it, I think it's probably more right to stick with that aesthetic - both from a financial and integrity standpoint. She designs with herself/lifestyle as her muse, and I believe that factor is a selling point for many people - it wouldn't be authentic for her to debut with a 180 degree aesthetic shift. The brand is literally her namesake now.

She should reclaim the pieces and styles that people associate with the "Old Celine/Phoebe Philo aesthetic". She curated it, and seeing that it's still popular, she deserves to benefit from it. True devotees (I'm assuming people of a certain wealth bracket) will be lured back and the brand can cash in on the "quiet luxury" trend while it's occurring. In addition, LVMH has a minority stake in the company but it's still enough that they will care about the numbers, and I'm sure she wants to profit as well. Even if it's the same stuff, she'll present and package it better than any of the brands that are selling the same thing.

And to be fair, her Celine did progress - 2010, 2014, 2018 Celine's all looked different, I think she just timed her evolution well to make it all never feel too different. Maybe it could be the same for her brand.

It's so interesting that the brand is starting off with a digital strategy and with the "see-now-buy-now" model. I wonder why? It seems to me like LVMH is testing the waters in terms of desirability. It's not like they couldn't have done a show?

most of all i am wondering about the price point of her new offerings.

without any show and stores one could asume it might be less expensive than the old céline. But i have my doubts. The hype for the comeback is well executed and the majority of her die-hard fans have very deep pockets.

Calm down. People expected the same thing when Helmut Lang came back to Paris, when Tom Ford came back to womenswear or when Hedi Slimane came back to fashion.

‘Either you miss her voice and will be happy to have her part of the fashion conversation again but too much expectations always end up as a deception for most of the people.
It only shows how dissatisfied the customers are :grinningwsweat:

Id be very surprised if this is a continuation of Celine. I barely know the Celine look everyone insists exists.

Im kinda expecting hedi celine 2.0

I very much doubt Phoebe is going to follow in the footsteps of Hedi Slimane, of all people.

why do people do this with phoebe. She only had one hit run. Shes Tom Ford status as far as Im concerned. Im waiting for her 2nd hit run before we can really act like shes important.

hedi is on his 3rd hit run. Who wouldnt want to be hedi.

its obvious to me the delay is because - like many designers - when challenged with coming up with her own look she is unable to. This is why Lagerfeld Gallery never really popped because Karls own look was vague and undefined. Same thing that happened to Tom really.

The email update thing is giving the executives forced some UX person to slap that together before the end of July because everyone is noticing how long this is taking.

Last edited:
why do people do this with phoebe. She only had one hit run. Shes Tom Ford status as far as Im concerned. Im waiting for her 2nd hit run before we can really act like shes important.

hedi is on his 3rd hit run. Who wouldnt want to be hedi.

its obvious to me the delay is because - like many designers - when challenged with coming up with her own look she is unable to. This is why Lagerfeld Gallery never really popped because Karls own look was vague and undefined. Same thing that happened to Tom really.

The email update thing is giving the executives forced some UX person to slap that together before the end of July because everyone is noticing how long this is taking.

I believe its Phoebe 3rd hit run
She did incredibly good at Chloe 2002/2006, thats what put her in the map, Chloe sold items like crazy... And then the Celine episode came...

I believe its Phoebe 3rd hit run
She did incredibly good at Chloe 2002/2006, thats what put her in the map, Chloe sold items like crazy... And then the Celine episode came...
Chloe bags did. Chloe RTW was irrelevant in its time - as it is now. Chloes most famous looks from that 00s era were Stella - the banana t shirt for example or those crystal t shirts.

we know this Philo collection will have amazing bags because thats Phoebes strength. Thats why LVMH wanted her.

this is her 2nd run.

Last edited:
^ wait, what? where are you getting this information from? are we sure it's not a 'no one was really that big until I grew up and found out about their work' type of situation?

^ wait, what? where are you getting this information from? are we sure it's not a 'no one was really that big until I grew up and found out about their work' type of situation?

Uh, no. I think Blanche is just predicting Phoebe's success based on the previous success of the Chloe and Celine.

why do people do this with phoebe. She only had one hit run.

tell me you don't know anything about Phoebe's career, without telling me you don't know anything about Phoebe's career.

Your statement is a very confident one, but it seems to be based on a genuine lack of knowledge of Phoebe's Chloé and that her success there was the very reason why her Céline was so anticipated in the first place.

This insistence that Chloé RTW from her was "irrelevant" compared to the banana prints and bags when it was one of the labels that set the look of the mid-00s (by which time Stella was long gone and the label had different aesthetic signatures), is also something else.

Chloe bags did. Chloe RTW was irrelevant in its time - as it is now. Chloes most famous looks from that 00s era were Stella - the banana t shirt for example or those crystal t shirts.

we know this Philo collection will have amazing bags because thats Phoebes strength. Thats why LVMH wanted her.

this is her 2nd run.

Isn't her Chloe dress were on every magazine and everywhere in store that try to do the same dress? I still remember that~:tearsofjoy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theseaswell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->