Pirate Boots - Vivienne Westwood

Originally posted by pointup@Jun 12 2004, 12:52 AM
ooohhh and question- do you think these would be a good investment piece? How long do you think these will be availible?? I'm thinking of saving up even though it would take awhile and it would be my only designer anything... perhaps its not too smart but i'm smitten :wub:
[snapback]284853[/snapback]​

Of course, it's a classic.

Hot Damn!! They had something very similar at OTP last time I went in. All tan suede, I tried them on, but couldn't afford :cry: at the time....I think they had them in women's too.... :argg:
Soft--you're there, are you tempted?

how high is the heel on them?
i like the flat ones, but i have short legs....
...are they still pretty readily available?
and can you order by phone?
(and anyone know how the sizes might run? true to size, small, big?)

hahah, lots of questions....but, when i first saw this thread in like, june, i fell in love with the boots...but now, since the holidays are coming up, i figured i could maybe throw the info out there + maybe someone in my family would be nice enough to get 'em for me, (if that's at all possible...)

...a majority of the people on the no doubt forum i frequent were like "THOSE HIDEOUS BOOTS!" when pictures of gwen wearing 'em surfaced... i, on the other hand, was amazed by their beauty, excited to see them ouside of the pictures i've seen here, and totally jealous of ms. stefani (as usual). :cry: i need those boots.

Originally posted by purechris@Oct 19 2004, 09:22 AM
Hot Damn!! They had something very similar at OTP last time I went in. All tan suede, I tried them on, but couldn't afford :cry: at the time....I think they had them in women's too.... :argg:
Soft--you're there, are you tempted?
[snapback]401655[/snapback]​

:lol: ...i guess you didn't see my post here!... :innocent:

ok///so these are the new boots for fall...

i tried them on in all black. sort of pebbled leather...

well...i tried one on...i couldn't get the other one on because the sole inside the shoe had been glued badly and there was a large bump inside the shoe...i couldn't even get it on it was damaged so badly from the factory... :angry: :shock: :wacko:

so i was ready to buy them...and then couldn't...
so they found them at harvey nics and put them on hold for me...
today i went to the vivienne westood store..actually i went to two stores...
conduit st and davies st...

davies st is TINY and only carries GOLD label...it's lovely to see the collection like that ...as if it's in someone's boudoir...and the shoes are really beautiful this season...the high boots, little ankle booties and lace up heels in burgundy and in blk patent...

conduit st is where i went first...and they had a shoe i hadn't seen before...the lace up shoe in blk patent but in the same heel as the boot below... :woot: :heart:
love at first sight... :blush:

so i tried them on immediately...and GUESS WHAT...?!?!
the innersole of that shoe had a bump too!!! :doh:
this one wasn't as bad...but it really annoyed me that the only way i could have them was to buy a defective shoe...and this was the second time now...
i was really annoyed!!! :rolleyes:
so they gave me 10% off so that i could have the innersole re-glued once i got home...
and i bought them!! :flower:

i forgot all about the boots now...these are so much better... :P

the lace up shoes are the ones marc jacobs copied for this fall's lv collection...

here are the louis vuittons...viv's are way better...imo...
will really try to post a pic...

:innocent: :flower:

where is the original post softie? or is it what you posted above?

Am confused-so did you get pirate boots or just the one that you got 10% off of? What happened when you went to harvey nic's? Do you have a pic of what you got? Sorry for the questions-am just confused :flower:

thanks ocean-

sorry meg...trouble with attachments...

original post...
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...opic=4374&st=60

picture of marc jacobs knock offs...my shoes are similar to this... but the openings for the laces are these huge holes and they only tie around the ankle once with a bow in front...they are witch-y/wench-y shoes...

argh!!! :ninja: :argg:

:woot:

ps-no...i skipped the boots...because the shoes are really so much better... the boots gap around the ankle which i think is really unflattering...you can see it in the picture i posted above... i think the leather is too stiff ... :flower:

another pic of the boots...see how they gap between the bottom strap and the secoond one?...it actually opens up when you walk...it's a problem... :wacko: :ermm:

so imagine a combination of the bottom part of the bootie with the top part of the lace up shoe...

that's my shoe... :heart:

i saw a girl in marylebone wearing the pirate boots and she looked very good in them. Beige flats with a black pleated mini and black tee.

I want the flat ones!!!

I have been contemplating both these pairs of boots from Urban. Both have a somewhat piratey feel to them.

p99985b.jpg

p122407b.jpg

The second ones are a no-brainer, but the first are a bit risky. I like risky.

I used to have a pair of Viv pirate boots; they were black suede and leather flats, from the 80's I think. F-ing gorgeous and priced ridiculously low at this great vintage store in London. Then some b*tch at school nabbed them out of my locker during gym class. :furious:

:cry: I miss my vivies.....

Originally posted by slinky_vagabond@Oct 21 2004, 05:59 PM
I used to have a pair of Viv pirate boots; they were black suede and leather flats, from the 80's I think. F-ing gorgeous and priced ridiculously low at this great vintage store in London. Then some b*tch at school nabbed them out of my locker during gym class. :furious:
:cry: I miss my vivies.....
[snapback]403833[/snapback]​

i was told that they don't make them in blk suede... :angry: :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 21 2004, 06:14 PM
i was told that they don't make them in blk suede... :angry: :unsure:
[snapback]403843[/snapback]​

Are you sure? :blink:

Come to think of it, mine might have been fake. At the time I bought them, I wasn't too informed knockoff-wise so I'm not sure. The straps looked different than in the pictures of the updated version, they were a little thiner than the ones pictured and not as pointy at the ends.

When I read this thread before, I just assumed that she had changed them a little, but now I have my doubts. :unsure: Maybe it's a good thing that they were stolen.

fake, reall.. if they were awesome I'd say its still a major loss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johngreen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->