Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Shonda wearing Christopher Kane and Vanda wearing a Christopher Kane knock-off on SNL...

snl-maya-rudolph-kristen-wiig-2.jpg

Of all designers, Christopher Kane was an odd designer name drop in this skit. Even for 2012, I still think it is odd to this day. Especially when these dresses are more Lohan for Ungaro doing Herve Leger in NYC for Kim K.

Rodarte's cringefest at Sonia Rykiel's 40th-anniversary show
The assignment was to make something to celebrate someone's career, instead, we have got this political statement, very rude! They should have done it at their own show, not at someone's birthday party!

Sonia Rykiel Spring 2009 by Rodarte
2008-10-03-sonia.jpg

Last edited:
This line about Yves' youth in Paris in Yves Saint Laurent's biography “Saint Laurent: mauvais garçon” by Marie-Dominique Lelièvre:

«At night, he falls on his knees and pleases young Arabs in the shadows of Paris’s bridges. He is like a frigid adolescent who collects rough sexual experiences to feel elated.»

Her name's Eliza Douglas. She usually works as a multidisciplinary artist and once walked for Helmut Lang FW00:

Vogue
Woah that was 25 years ago! She must be a lot older than I imagined her to be.
The 14yo model crying while walking Jil Sander
I literally thought about this the other day when the wind teared up my eye during my post-lunch walk. Her name was Auguste Abeliunaite, this moment was her (short-lived) claim to fame at the time.

^ is that where that photo of Yves originally came from or did they just recycle the same picture like everybody else?

I stumbled upon Dior's line of contact lenses in 2004 in an old thread today. A logo staring straight into your soul..
cd cl.jpg
[luxuo]

^ is that where that photo of Yves originally came from or did they just recycle the same picture like everybody else?
Hmm, good question...

But it reminds me, that in the YSL biography by Laurence Benaim (which is a mess) there's a section about how they weren't happy with these photos shot for Dutch by Philippe Cometti in 1998, which basically resulted in THAT one headshot of Yves being used constantly from then on 😬

1720398532378.png
voxsartoria

"In January 1998, Yves Saint Laurent dyed his hair black. "I was losing it." He seemed to have regained the figure of the young man he was at Dior. He had lost thirty-five pounds. The merciless portraits by Cometti in Dutch revealed an empty face with terrible eyes imprisoned by tortoiseshell glasses. He wasn't happy with the photos. The magazine spread had been anticipated as a big event, but it practically went unmentioned at the company. From then on, the press office only gave out official portraits (by Andre Rau or Carlos Munoz-Yague) and other favourite photos taken between 1958 and 1971."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->