Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

I guess he's "aromantic," I'm sure it's because his ego is too gigantic to deal with another person... but yes, call it your sexuality. šŸ¤­

View attachment 1285076
View attachment 1285077

hypebae

We've got a new Karl, y'all...
To be adored... Dude there is nothing to adore you for. Take down the ego and I might consider it. At least Karl was somewhat classy šŸ˜‚

Thatā€™s not really a sexuality. Innumerable people of all orientations arenā€™t looking for romantic relationships.

Heā€™s been pushing the ā€œimage architectā€ thing for at least 8 years now. I get not wanting to be called a ā€œstylistā€ (I guess?) but whatever his job is, whatever you want to call it, itā€™s something many, many people do. Iā€™m sensing a theme. Desperately trying to be seen as unique.

At one point a bartender was probably like ā€œIā€™m the only mixologist in the world!ā€

Last edited:
Thatā€™s not really a sexuality. Innumerable people of all orientations arenā€™t looking for romantic relationships.

Heā€™s been pushing the ā€œimage architectā€ thing for at least 8 years now. I get not wanting to be called a ā€œstylistā€ (I guess?) but whatever his job is, whatever you want to call it, itā€™s something many, many people do. Iā€™m sensing a theme. Desperately trying to be seen as unique.

At one point a bartender was probably like ā€œIā€™m the only mixologist in the world!ā€
LOL, this is so true. I know he probably said that to get people "speculating", but it really doesn't need any more explanation than, like, "My job can be hectic and all-consuming, but I love it, so I'm honestly not really looking for anything other than occasional dates or fun now and then."

Yā€™all need to leave Law alone lol. Heā€™s definitely much cooler and more consistent than a Kate Young or Dani Michelle. Although, he definitely stole (and trademarked) ā€œimage architectā€ from Misa Hylton

Yā€™all need to leave Law alone lol. Heā€™s definitely much cooler and more consistent than a Kate Young or Dani Michelle. Although, he definitely stole (and trademarked) ā€œimage architectā€ from Misa Hylton
While I respect the man and his rise to success, it seems to me that he is embellishing a little bit what he is doing. I can appreciate someone who is strategic but it feels very smoke and mirrors to me.

Ok, Zendaya is well dressed and her aura has made her part of a fashion community but is she a fashion icon? Does she have an influence on fashion?

If you talk to me about a stylist who build a fashion icon, I can say Mel Ottenberg. If you talk to me about stylists who had an influence beyond fashion, I would say June Ambrose, Misa Hylton, Arianne Phillips or people like Lori Goldstein.

He has achieved a lot but I still feel like he is not there yet.
I donā€™t want him to be another Andre Leon Talley.

I think itā€™s better to be a Michael Roberts or a Edward Enninful than an Andre Leon Talleyā€¦Aka people with real influence.

the official dress code at Julian Schnabel's ex wives club is Alaia.
Schnabel was one of Azzedine's best friends (he also wrote a eulogy for the Guardian after his death). I wonder if he told all his lovers to come to Alaia's store and pick what they like:

his first wife Jacqueline used to run the Alaia store in the 80s:
-6.jpeg

Olatz (2nd wife) wore Alaia many times, notably the red number:
sculpture_01_couture-alaia.jpeg
gettyimages-74221146-612x612.jpeg

Louise Kugelberg - his wife now:
large_27049_3341857.jpg
56164123-10681481-Louise_Kugelberg_and_Julian_Schnabel_attend_Charles_Finch_And_CH-a-81_164900...jpg

his other girlfriends in between, Rula Jebreal (r) :
5073599226_22ffa952a7_z.jpeg

and May Anderson:
8390113624_808d89ccc5_b.jpeg

such loyalty.

dotfranny.blogspot.com, getty, BFA, alamy, flickr, pinterest, dailymail

the official dress code at Julian Schnabel's ex wives club is Alaia.
Schnabel was one of Azzedine's best friends (he also wrote a eulogy for the Guardian after his death). I wonder if he told all his lovers to come to Alaia's store and pick what they like:

his first wife Jacqueline used to run the Alaia store in the 80s:
View attachment 1285716

Olatz (2nd wife) wore Alaia many times, notably the red number:
View attachment 1285717
View attachment 1285718

Louise Kugelberg - his wife now:
View attachment 1285719
View attachment 1285722

his other girlfriends in between, Rula Jebreal (r) :
View attachment 1285720

and May Anderson:
View attachment 1285721

such loyalty.

dotfranny.blogspot.com, getty, BFA, alamy, flickr, pinterest, dailymail
ā€œAt the beginning of Azzedine, most of the time it was the men who came to AlaĆÆa to buy clothes for their wives, and [the tradition] continues. Recently I saw a man in the boutique dressing his wife and I was like, ā€˜Oh, if Azzedine could see that he would be so happy.ā€™ ā€ -- Farida Khelfa

He was already best friends with Alaia for at least a few years by this time his wife opened the store (1988). Schnabel designed some features of the store. But his marriage predates their friendship and apparently she worked in fashion prior, so itā€™s not 100% clear (to me) who introduced who.

those Kookai ads are shot by Dominique Issermann. If the name of the photographer's on the ad it means they were commissioned.
View attachment 1285422View attachment 1285423

my pics

Well, akshually... I was curious about this and did some digging. šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Yves' portrait was definitely photographed by Andre Rau. According to this article about those ads, Karl's ad is (unsurprisingly) credited to Karl, Yves' to Andre Rau, there's also a Linda ad credited to Demarchelier, too. It doesn't sound like the ad campaign commissioned photographers at all (because they couldn't afford it lol), so they licensed photographs and used existing portraits of the designers.

Sonia's photo was shot by Dominique Issermann (who shot tons of ads for Sonia Rykiel), and it (at least) appeared in the February 1982 issue of Vogue:

Vogue Archive via justaguy

ANYWAY... I can't believe I looked into this.

^ okay but, imagine you're besties with Sean and you introduce him to your husband and your husband becomes his bff, divorces you and proceeds to dress every new girlfriend and wife with Sean's clothes. It's a trip!. I need to get to the bottom of this because diagnosing people on the internet never gets old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->