Prada F/W 08.09 : Linda Evangelista & Patrick Petitjean by Steven Meisel

I miss Sasha a LOT and she always did Prada the justice it deserves.

DIDNT SHE!!! Wonder who'll be starring come Spring/Summer???

Patricks ads are great, but Linda failed despite being a Supermodel. Guess its harder to follow a great like Sasha than they thought..:ninja:

She did! But do you think Sasha would deliver this collection right? I think she is too intense and fresh to portray the theme of Prada FW08. The campaigns she was in were always eccentric and though she did a fabulous job, I think an older girl suits this collection more!

I personally didn't feel that Sasha was a "Prada girl". I mean at the start she was with her fierceness and her savage beauty but then she died her hair blonde and the ads got boring.

:innocent:

Daria Werbowy was THE Prada girl in my opinion. I liked hers the best.

i don't think this collection was necessarily for older women, i think a 20-something girl can totally pull this off, i've seen some eds with the girls wearing this collection and all of them looked better than linda, the contrast between the young face and the lace outfits makes them look even better. linda looks awful in these ads, i thought they would be much sexier, considering how the collection was shown on the runway, there was a lot of see-throughness...

There's no other things to say:the man campaign is good...the woman is a disaster...Linda failed,Meisel failed,Miuccia failed
However I'm happy..that's what Prada deserves after Sasha firing :rofl:

lindaevangelista-prada-fw0809.jpg

now that people are saying that "her mouth is allways open" im starting to notice it too :lol:

thanks for posting :flower:

she always open her mouth in this campaign, except for the eyewear ads. pardon me if i'm wrong :smile:

Is this campaign TRYING to be ironic?

I mean, obviously they're making fun of the fact that Linda looks younger than she did at the height of her modelling career, thanks to errmmm...diet and pilates...

and plastic surgery!! :innocent:

I find this ads really really scary and intimidating. Shes....plastic.

:ninja:

I just saw Linda's eds in print and I am horrified. She looks like a plastic mannequin. It is so not good. :o

I like it more and more and it looks really good in magazines.

She did! But do you think Sasha would deliver this collection right? I think she is too intense and fresh to portray the theme of Prada FW08. The campaigns she was in were always eccentric and though she did a fabulous job, I think an older girl suits this collection more!

Nah, i think Sasha would have STILL been able to not only pull off this collectin, but also to put a spin on it that we wouldnt have predicted. I dont think i can fault ONE Prada campaign with Sasha...............nope, still cant!!!!

How old is Yasmine Warsame???? After seeing her ed in Italian Vogue, i know she would have been PERFECT for this collection, if u want an older woman...:flower:

.............:doh:
I'm speechless....this campaign is a SHAME!!! :judge:
Linda seems SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fake...like a porcelain doll

I don't think it's Linda's bad, the whole collection is already hanging on the balance, now that hair!!! it makes Linda look older than her real age.

at least I lost my appetite:sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have preferred the fresh-faced Natalia Chabanenko & Adina Forizs to take this collection on. They wouldn't need any twists - the contrast between expensive intricate clothing and young beauty would've done the trick.

But I also think Sasha could have done wonders with this collection. She is the ultimate actress. I can see her playing a naughty school girl in her mom's clothing, or an angelic blond girl, or an expensive diva, or a silent movie star, or a bombshell. We know she can do it all. It'd be sooooooo much more interesting then the predictable shots with Linda.

To Linda's defense, she didn't choose to be airbrushed to death. She didn't pick the lighting that turns her into a mannequin. She isn't responsible for the awful concept. She didn't choose the shots that made the final cut. I still love Linda. This campaign is not her fault.

After seei9ng some in print I have to say that I actually quite like it.

^ I feel completely opposite, to me they look even worse in print, more plastic somehow, and her expression is all I can focus on, it's so annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->