Prada F/W 08.09 : Linda Evangelista & Patrick Petitjean by Steven Meisel

Couldn't they've made her close her mouth at least in one shot :rolleyes:

Agree that Sasha couldn't pull off this collection. I think someone like Daria or Magdalena could have pulled it off.

I can't decide if it's Linda I'm unhappy with, or the amount of retouching on her. She looks like a plastic botoxed doll, but not in a good way. It looks really really bad.

i think sasha would totally pull off this collection. she's absurdly versatile. and other models could pull it off as well, linda just isn't one of them...

I went to my local bookstore just now, flipped through the Jul/Aug issue of Monocle and saw a brand new Prada ad featuring Patrick Petitjean...but I didn't buy it cuz its so expensive, sorry guys, hopefully this info helps

I saw a new one in August's Esquire too (could be the same one). He looked amazing and through the men's ad I could see the mature sophistication Miucca said she wanted to bring through this season's ad. I didn't buy it because I thinks Esquire sucks.

As for those Linda ads in the mall...in the first picture she looks like she wants to eat my soul. Still, thanks for taking it Verene :flower:.

For alix's scan...I felt slightly, slightly warmer towards it. Which is why I'm still holding out until I see it in print for myself. But I sincerely doubt the women's ad will be as excellent as the men's. Petitjean made me want to buy a suit (and take off his after an erudite discussion on Alberto Moravia's oeuvre :brows:).

I love the footwear shot. I actually really like the photography and the colors...basically everything except Linda...her nose freaks me out, and plus...she really is so not Prada.

What a wonderful collection ruined by this horrible campaign...Linda looks like an alien :yuk:
Sasha would be perfect for these ads!!

This campaign has been a major dissappointment so faar for me, what a shame. :(

she is not that bad come on! but she is not the right person for this campaign

This is possibly the worst campaign EVER. It's pretty much Spring 2007 all over again.

Its so.....boring. They could have done so much more with the concept of lace and all that.

I mean, I'm so shocked. Prada is usually so innovative in all other areas. Their ad campaigns are so BORING. Why?

It must be Prada's creative director. I mean Meisel is capable of genius.

I would take THIS Meisel for Prada ad over Linda ANYDAY :wub:

97653elegancehasaform44jk9.jpg

Image Credit | Scanned by Diciassette @ Bwgreyscale

Wow great pic!This should be used for the campaign
Except for that hideous "thing" on her nose :ninja:
In my opinion Miuccia should emphasize the mood of the collection...,maybe shooting in a church or in a convent/monastery :ninja:

^^^^ agree! They should have used the perversity of the clothes and shot it against some kind of ultra religious architecture.

Yeah!
Why did they use only a stupid empty room with hideous shades?
I'm so disappointed,this is my favourite Prada collection so far...Miuccia and Linda ruined everyhing :angry:

^^^ Haha!! Grand must be glad this campaign is looking to be pretty crappy without her!! (Not including the gorgeous Patrick!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->