Prada F/W 2023.24 Milan

I'm too late, missed most of the show and only saw the last minutes but so far I'm not really impressed. Let's see how it looks like in pictures now.

their best collection so far. the white skirts were really good not so much the puffed miniskirts though… those trains of fabric will never be a thing also because the cut is so sharp that instead of creating movement it looks like it’s just hanging there.
the origami shoes were interesting even if not entirely new…

the cast was great so thank you for that.

I don’t hate it. It is just very commercial and …dry ( see what I meant yesterday @Lola701)

it lacks a bit of fun and twist. Some looks are really Miuccia personal style, some are really sexy and some are fillers.

I love the soundtrack though.

For once I can finally imagine Miuccia wearing something in this collection, which is a success I guess from this tenure.

It has the essence of Prada, but only on the surface and barebone the original. Consider I never associated Raf to be a designer with a sense of humor, so of course, his version of Prada women is always humorless and serious.
I only like two prints dresses in this collection, like look 47 and 50. What I miss the most about the OG Prada is she used to deliver us good prints each season, it was funny, vibrant, and eccentric. The current Prada lacks all of it.
And the shoes are quite safe and the origami details are not interesting enough. Miuccia used to have a very audacious taste when it come to shoes. Spring 2008 shoes are an instant classic.

I will never get tired of seeing Miuccia, she is honestly the best dress designer ever.

It’s a good collection and funny enough it fits well with what I love wearing at the moment even if I’m living in a warmer climate. A long skirt with a front slit and a cashmere sweater is all I’m about lately.

It’s a good collection but what I missed was a sense of direction. I feel like the highs are good but the lows really brings the collection down so you never feel like you are witnessing a fashion moment.

Miuccia has interpretation of the 50’s has never really been about pants so, those pants looks really fresh for Prada and it’s really a feminine cut. I really love all the tight, elongated, military and slightly classic Balenciaga Couture inspired silhouettes.

I’m less convinced by the silicones embroidered skirts worn with the sweaters. It’s classic Prada but here it looks so heavy and it kinda bring the silhouette down. I don’t know why we are still seeing those miniskirts here…
I feel like they are putting them in all seasons now. And for god sake, I hate those trains and those prints.

If edited, the collection would have been stronger in my opinion…

And I totally get it @GivenchyAddict ! It’s good to look at but not desirable! I saw a triangle again in the back of a coat. I guess if I want a Prada coat, I have to deal with that damn triangle…Maybe I should fall for the gingham blue coat after all…

That being said, seeing Miuccia being her best-dressed self and the most stylish ever is always a pleasure. I must create a special file in my phone with all her looks and just copy her looks for everytime i have a chic dinner to attend lol!

It looks very clinical and awkward to me.

Great coats and jackets though.

The white skirts are pure costume. No one is going to wear them besides the influencers who get them for free.

The bad cancels out all the good for me in this collection.

I don't hate it either but the color palette is very bland. Wish they could've spiced it up a bit.

The show was painful to watch...

All those extra long skirts getting dirty on the floor. This is absurd. And not the good "Prada" absurd. Just absurd-absurd.
This is indeed, too clinical. Too clean and too boring. Where is the Prada fantasy ? The beautiful fabric developments, the crazy heels, the fun bags.

Raf Simons has a really dated vision of fashion. Enough of Vogue Italia 99 wannabe Lang minimalism...

Also what a lifeless cast / soundtrack / venue.

Can't remember that one of my fav Prada collection is already 10 years old. This was Prada : sensuality, elegance, mystery...

I don't even think anything is Raf's fault. (that was a lie but) anything they do is so zzz because it's rooted in the company's goals of growing to like 100 trillion dollars or whatever. Regardless is something looks good or not there's already the know of no real authenticity in terms of "fashion" which is a total buzzkill

I don’t hate it but it’s clear they are really trying to up sales so going back to the commercial route - even the Kendall and Gigi booking makes that obvious. Never understood why they never pick Bella who would actually fit!

side note: lovely to see liu!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->