Prada F/W 2023.24 Milan

Personally, I liked the white origami skirts paired with the sweaters. The first 6 looks felt almost like this idea of modern couture. Definitely reminded me of Chanel SS 2009 couture, but more youthful and austere due to the sweaters and blazers.

On the other hand, there was a Prada logo on everything again. Social media/capitalism has sucked the fun out of fashion! Brands are too concerned about making sure their logo is visible on every garment imo…

I think it's their best effort together since their started their collaboration, but I prefer when Miucca works alone.
Those puffy miniskirts recall me of loaded diapers and should be burned asap, especially the miniskirts looks, the rest is quite enjoyable, even if I prefer Loewe and BV puffiness.
Speaking of the puffiness trends, I prefer my Prada trend-setting and not trend-following, please.

To be fair, Prada already started doing puffy jackets for FW 2020, so I wouldn't say it's exactly trend-following.

You know that unfortunate soul that walks out of the loo at Starbucks, hem caught in her waistband, trailing toilet paper? That’s what came to mind when I saw some of these dresses. What woman in her right mind walks out the door with a white train when she isn’t the bride? Who cares about pragmatism? This is FASHION but a little sympathy wouldn’t hurt. Just mind the dog poop, dear!

A collection of store filler. There's enough Prada-isms (bar the bloody triangle logo) to distinguish it as Prada but not so much in order to make it less complicated to "understand" and what used to be the typical Prada fair.

There are good pieces, like the pants, the dress on Julia Nobis, some of the outerwear and skirts, but I don't think this collection really warrants a full show. Goes into tasteless uniform territory as opposed to a Prada collection.

Raf Simons is turning Prada into a dumpster fire he needs to exit the building.

It is wearable, stripped almost to the "bone" Prada but, surprise, surprise, it is shallow and sterile. Raf has no sense of humour and he is just pumping Prada's intellectualism to the grotesque size. Just read the caption under every single post on IG or they press release - it is so pretentious and laughable. There are obv some cool pieces and the sense of minimalism is maintained but it will all be translated into 3k Euro jackets that god knows who will buy.

If Prada's price benchmarks are higher than Hermer's then I'm out ladies and gentlemen..

There are obv some cool pieces and the sense of minimalism is maintained but it will all be translated into 3k Euro jackets that god knows who will buy.

Is Prada clothing selling well? The price points are really crazy for the product.

if Raf is so into the intellectual side of Prada then maybe he could remove that blasted triangle from pieces that would be quite desirable without them. There have been things on the last few Prada runways that I actually thought would look great at retail, but I don't want my interestingly-angled shoes with a huge "PRADA" logo right at the toe like the wearer is some giant logomaniac. I don't care what meta or intellectual justification they supply, it doesn't elevate it.

Personally, I liked the white origami skirts paired with the sweaters. The first 6 looks felt almost like this idea of modern couture. Definitely reminded me of Chanel SS 2009 couture, but more youthful and austere due to the sweaters and blazers.

There's some good stuff in here that without the logo, could have been perfect.

I wonder what’s going to happen to Prada (and Miu Miu) now that Fabio Zambernardi is exiting the group after the s/s24 show…

I wonder what’s going to happen to Prada (and Miu Miu) now that Fabio Zambernardi is exiting the group after the s/s24 show…

More logos, bigger logos, shinier logos, duplicated logos on one jacket, 3D logos, printed logos etc. Miuccia has control over Miu Miu so will be fun to watch but Prada is a cash cow which Fabio was trying to feed but Raf only wants to milk so won't keep my hopes up high.

Honestly think Prada has been needing a massive change up, and I'm okay with new blood adding some fresh ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->