Prada F/W 2023.24 Milan

I like it. Julia Nobis in the black dress in everything.

Of course it's designed with numbers numbers numbers in mind, but I somehow like it. Even if it's not as strong as menswear, it's still a good show. Some pieces should have been edited tho.

Not mad at this. All the pieces are wearable, and thank god there weren't any exaggerated, oversized looks like in the men's collection. And to be honest, I'm glad what they're putting in the runway is close to what they're actually already selling in the stores with the resort collections. That lyst index ranking got them in a chokehold and they want that money!

Imo, this is perhaps the best collection from Prada since the house became a twosome. :clap:
Maybe it's because I feel/see more of more of Miuccia's deft, subversive mind than Raf's (sometimes) heavy-handed and arcane quotidianness. I see a lot of these easily worn as presented - or even styled with pieces from other contemporary designers. I especially loved the (bunny ear?) shoes, though they remind me of those from Marco di Vincenzo's SS14 collection.

It’s a good collection but what I missed was a sense of direction. I feel like the highs are good but the lows really brings the collection down so you never feel like you are witnessing a fashion moment.

I completely agree with you! This was too all over the place in terms of silhouette, and really lacked coherence, which is so weird considering both Miuccia and Raf are such directional designers?

For me the stand-outs were the looks with the razor-cut pants and the long "evening" pieces interspersed throughout the collection. Everything else was otherwise a bit average.

It's obvious that the mens was much stronger this season. It had much more focus and better editing.

Well.... there aren't really gimmicks so, progress points?

I'm not going to pretend I'm immune to some of this. The trousers are calling my name, love the waist area and that for once, we're seeing slimmer silhouettes and some structure, more reminiscent of that amazing F/W 06 collection and moving away from.. whatever that was.

Less of the stupid underwear with logo and logos in general is also a positive sign.

It does look like something that was originally awful and got to this kind of insipid presentation thanks to a lot of editing, it's always better when good comes out of good, but less is more is a healthy practice, too.

It’s nice and all. Really stylish - especially the looks which are very her. But it’s lacking something. A soul, texture. I don’t know. It feels like I’m watching renders or something?

I don’t get it. I like both of them as designers. But together it’s just really really bland and humorless.

I

The logos...everywhere again...:judge:

These two love to talk and talk...but their collections together have nothing to say.

Some atrocious looks (that nordic duvet one). And it is quite derivative from their last men collection (duvet, detachable collars, etc).

Nº21 is the new old Prada.

i like some of the long, lean 90s minimal silhouettes, and i dig the prints.
i can see the flaws, but there's some good here too :smile:

this is authentic Alessandro Dell'Acqua done by Alessandro Dell'Acqua himself

Boring and god forbid they not put a triangle on a garment.

I love some of the white skirts but the logo ruins them.
I guess gone are the days when it took me a moment to digest a Prada collection. This is boring. Nice and forgettable.

I think it's their best effort together since their started their collaboration, but I prefer when Miucca works alone.
Those puffy miniskirts recall me of loaded diapers and should be burned asap, especially the miniskirts looks, the rest is quite enjoyable, even if I prefer Loewe and BV puffiness.
Speaking of the puffiness trends, I prefer my Prada trend-setting and not trend-following, please.

I don't even think anything is Raf's fault. (that was a lie but) anything they do is so zzz because it's rooted in the company's goals of growing to like 100 trillion dollars or whatever. Regardless is something looks good or not there's already the know of no real authenticity in terms of "fashion" which is a total buzzkill
I think it's their best effort together since their started their collaboration, but I prefer when Miucca works alone.
Those puffy miniskirts recall me of loaded diapers and should be burned asap, especially the miniskirts looks, the rest is quite enjoyable, even if I prefer Loewe and BV puffiness.
Speaking of the puffiness trends, I prefer my Prada trend-setting and not trend-following, please.

Yes I agree although I still don't think it's very good.

Absolutely. Prada went from that powerhouse creative vision of design that’s so desperately copied, cloned and coveted— to now this: Reliable wardrobe staples you already own, and you’re just stocking up on.
It’s almost ironic that MiuMiu started a trend a year ago without any of effects Prada had all over the years.
By herself (and Zambinerdi), she made the mini’s hot again and everybody is doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->