Prada F/W 2024.25 Milan

Too dark to Prada
I struggle to find the poetic behind the aseptic aesthetic, something that la signora used to deliver so well;
The protestant puritanism has left anything terrain, any vanity, the human Prada used to be permeated in.
The clumsy attempt to reference the "imperfect" feel full of shame and impotence instead of nonchalant and evident.
I hate this

Don't think it is THAT bad, but it is not good either, just meh. But this collection made me think and realize that I think, at least for my own self, I know what does not work between the two. Raf and Miuccia see to approach design similarly, they both put it through some very conceptual prism that is somewhat arrogantly 'smart'.

Nonetheless, Raf has always been the underground, youth, clubkid designer of edgy guys, there was no sense of elevated intellectualism, whereas Miuccia has always been the opposite: he woman has always been nerdy chic, a smart businesswoman that is also a gallerina, but never I this way. She never had underground or club feeling to her, more of a reserved fashionable bookworm with money. This is where they clash on the fundamental level.

I'd just make a collection composed solely of Miuccia's looks from 1986 to 2024 and call it a day. This season is all over the place with some looks being quite Pradaish and interesting but the majority (and we're talking about ( 90 %) is just garbage. Meeh, we've lost Manuela and then Fabio and that's what we've got left: clueless Miuccia and this tired *** Raf who should focus on making chairs not clothes.

And on top of that there will never be any unfavourable review bc its Prada so we can't just apply fair fashion critique bc its considered to bringing down the temple.

The word ancora is starting to truly trigger me on tFS.
That marketing worked! We don’t know if it’s going to be a success but we all remember ANCORA! I do not know if it worked for the best because ANCORA for me is now synonymous with boredom or failure but I guess it might be aspirational for some ahaha

Love this collection. It is different, unique, and special. It offers something new. Definitely not the same old.

It's gonna take me some time to process what I just saw lol. Definitely unexpected given the relatively bland men's collection.

There are a lot of interesting reference points here, which makes me more keen to like the collection. Trinity from the Matrix but make her 50s-60s lady, and also a bit of The Night Porter. But it just didn't feel coherent enough, as if a couple elements were taken off, this could've looked better. The knitwear and most of the all black looks are my favorites. I wish Raf would stop trying to push the collared shirt + skirt look, as well as the wrinkled materials.

I adore sci-fi and horror, and have always had a soft spot for Raf's interest in those genres. But every collection of his at Prada so far has had those themes.

I’m not disappointed because I knew it was going to look like this based on the menswear show. At this point the brand is dead to me. I have nothing but love for Miuccia, but I’m no longer interested in her work. It’s all become too obvious. Sales may be up, but at what cost?

I like the tight leather jackets and their high necks. Made me think of Theyskens. Some nice necklines elsewhere too.

I can't assume those pieces without backs will be produced, they must be just window dressing right...

That marketing worked! We don’t know if it’s going to be a success but we all remember ANCORA! I do not know if it worked for the best because ANCORA for me is now synonymous with boredom or failure but I guess it might be aspirational for some ahaha

ANCORA ANCORA ANCORA!!!

be16b6ebd7cb4a29842af8c644d788e8b87a72d6.gif

tumblr

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swimflom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->