Prada Men's F/W 2020.21 Milan

I actually like this collection. After seasons of going back to the archives unsuccessfully, she finally pulled the things people want from her: fine tailoring, great outerwear and quirky patterns on knitwear and shirts. I guess she had to threw in some logos to appease Korean kids, but whatever.

What I hate, though, are the accessories. This is a very "no-design" approach, which is shameful. I have and still wear red leather sneakers/lace-ups from her Fall 2014 collection, but they are much better designed. The shoes and bags here... Just leather on rubber. Horrible.

No amount of incoherent intellectualizing Miuccia rambles on about these days will ever be able to make these collections matter anymore.

Like it or not, her men's collections are very relevant. Every season she introduces something that is copied by many brands, luxury, premium or fast fashion.

Printed silk two-piece outfits aside - they're not even really my style, but I somehow love them - there is not a single thing that I would wear from this collection. It does nothing for me.

I like this collection, apart from the proportions of the first jackets with those big droopy shoulders and collars. The Knits are beautiful and some of the other coats are too. It's not as try-hard as past seasons and all the better for it.

Basics, 70s prints and logos...she refuses to go out of her comfort-zone (when in the past she was out of it all the time).

It looks like Raf Simons doing Prada.
That being said, it’s good, simple and well styled. The stir-up pants are gimmicky, the logos are hideous and the shoes are bad but the clothes are cute.
It looks like a mix between her men’s FW2011 and the men’s FW10.

For the first time I was disappointed by what Miuccia wore.

No amount of incoherent intellectualizing Miuccia rambles on about these days will ever be able to make these collections matter anymore.

Completely agree. My head hurt just looking at these outfits. She has really lost her sense of imagination and creativity for both menswear and womenswear. What a shame to see a once large and influential brand become to irrelevant.

Great collection, classic Prada. Gorgeous knits and coats, strong tailoring, colors and prints. Particularly love those sleeveless silhouettes, such a great look. And how beautiful was that set!

It’s quite a shallow offering. It takes us nowhere past the obvious. It's all by the book. 70's prints, sleeveless tops, weird shoes, knitwear, etc.. Check and Check! Another thing that bothered me was how fake and artificial it all was and it was not ironic. It was more like a parody of Prada. The fabrics didn't look luxurious. They looked cheap. I feel like she's trying to give us the Prada she thinks we want rather than doing something new. I don't see any effort put into this. At the current moment everything she does should be the best thing she's ever done. These clothes will not have a life outside of magazines. What's the point?

probably their best offering in quite a while. it does look a bit like raf simons, but better.

i heard some rumors of miuccia planning to retire and raf simons taking over

All this time I thought Fabio Zambinardi was the natural heir for Prada.

Raf’s vision of fashion is already pretentious. I can already imagine what it may look like for Prada. He did well at interpreting Helmut Lang’s archives for Calvin Klein....
I’m not a fan of the idea but why not! Olivier Rizzo would be very happy if this happen.

And Marc Jacobs for MiuMiu? Lol

Gee, the industry is ripe with this sort of rumors that hardly ever happen to be grounded on reality.
And this one is particularly dumb: why should Miuccia Prada decide to leave the reins of the creative studio to Raf Simons? I mean, I would love him to do so, if he were on the same creative momentum as a few years ago, but the Dior experience first and then CK left the man on a total creative flat.

Raf’s work was only great when he worked with Patrick van Ommeslaeghe. Pieter Mulier is a hack.

If Raf were to do Prada, I would bet anything it would look almost indistinguishable from what Miuccia has already been putting out for the last several years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->