Prada Men's F/W 2020.21 Milan

I believe the decline at Prada began with the departure of Manuela Pavesi. I wish Zambernardi had seized the opportunity back then and stepped-up his work, but I think he is way too comfortable in his role.

Manuela was the soul of Prada seriously. Miss her so much. Besides that, I did enjoy the collection. Zambernardi is much more busy on doing dresses for Violet Chachki and attending her shows :innocent:.

I am a sucker of Prada as this is the only brand that makes me really loves fashion and have a very distinctive style. The only brand I spent a lot of money too. Even in her meh days, she outshines the other designers.

I am a sucker of Prada as this is the only brand that makes me really loves fashion and have a very distinctive style. The only brand I spent a lot of money too. Even in her meh days, she outshines the other designers.

Thank you!

And I would like to add that it is simply unrealistic to think that a person can be creative and completely in touch with the times for four decades straight. That's why I give Prada (and Armani and others) some slack when it comes to her weak points, which FW2020, in my opinion, is not. I'm looking forward to how this line will be translated to the stores.

I'd hardly call TFS "the industry." Fake news.
In this case it was heard at the show no?
But yes, anyway people loved rumors during fashion weeks. I really don’t see Miuccia retiring without organizing her company and without them giving their sons higher positions in the company...

Raf’s vision of fashion is already pretentious. I can already imagine what it may look like for Prada. He did well at interpreting Helmut Lang’s archives for Calvin Klein....

Absolutely.

Raf’s take on Calvin Klein was… decent— in that it was neat editorial and SM fodder, but besides fashion victims who dress in costumes desperately preening for photo opps at shows, who would pay for it to sustain the brand?

Raf was very good in the late-2000s. But his mid-life crisis of sorts to desperately grasping for his punk youth in Berlin is so cluelessly contrived to the point of offensive these days. His version of Prada menswear would likely be more silkscreens of punky icons on suits and coats :yawn:

I wish middle-aged designers that have earned their relevance in the industry would just accept that they’ve matured and evolved like any creative individual and not be ashamed to showcase their maturity. Desperately grasping to be down with the kidz really just strips them off any relevance and dignity they have so deservedly earned through the decades :cough:Madonna:cough:

I would love for Prada to just present a collection of gorgeous, timeless, couture-y bespoke, straightup no-nonsense menswear with unconventional flourishes that only reveal itself to the studied eye in time. And on a cast of adult (god forbid older) men— not these pubescent boys that render Prada looking just like any other show out there. And just strip off the overdesigned sets that annoyingly distract rather than enrich the clothes. Wouldn’t that be revolutionary...

What an amazing runway, that was probably the highlight of the show for me! There was also some really nice outerwear, I loved the oversized silhouettes. Otherwise the collection itself was okay, it's not he best work but it's passable.

I dont know but im pleasantly surprised. So many good color combos, so much desirable outerwear. I keep loving what they churn out for the menses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->