Prada Resort 2009

One of my favorite resort collections this season. Prada has been redeemed!

Seeing the whole thing now, it's really a collection with 'basic' pieces.. t-shirt, pants, light jacket, etc. ... And it's in the jewellery/colour (either as surface decor or accessory) that create the impact
And then there are a few pieces with wild prints

I think it's the oversized earrings (styling) that makes it so weird :ninja:

this is really good

style review www.style.com

NEW YORK, June 10, 2008 – A few of her favorite things. That summed up a Resort collection that was an amalgam of Miuccia Prada's perennial motifs. Active sport was represented by bike shorts and Windbreakers worn as evening toppers. A leopard print's roar was balanced by a twee heart motif. And almost every piece—from bikini tops to ladylike dresses with pleated gores—was encrusted with maharaja-meets-la dolce vita-style jewels. As a result, what the collection lacked in scope it made up for in the sort of sheer dazzle that Prada is so adept at providing.

– Laird Borrelli-Persson

this is prada of the very late 90s early 2000s , which i soo love .

00230m.jpg

this dress is amaing!!!!!!!!

style.com

Thes best thing to come out from Prada in a looooooooooooong time. Very simple and refined but still quite detailed. Probably the first Prada collection Ive liked in about 5 years.

blah collection. the only .. so-so... interesting pieces, are:

look 10 on Marina Perez - black zip-up dress
look 11 on Myf - printed dress
look 17 on Karmen Pedaru - asymmetrical orbited black dress
look 18 on Kamilla Fillipcikova - black dress with jewels on top

the rest is recyclable. but i forgive miuccia this one - it's just stupid resort.... therefore not up-to-par with the brilliant fall/winter that she just produced.

The jewels are interesting. I lkie this collection.

I'm not keen on this, its a little too... fancy for me. Im not keen on bold embellishment, but I did like that oversized necklace - I like statement jewellery and understated clothes so that would look perfect in my accessories collection. Just need to find some spare cash now....

i think this is a brilliant touch of adding those jewellery; they have magical power:magic: and i just love how Miuccia balance them out.

the first thing i thought was.. holy crap :shock:
and she was shocking last resort too... in the 'why did you do this' sense... same for fw 08 imo

regarding what dior_couture said .. i think there is still that oddity she's after
it seems to be about seemingly plain clothes --they give an impression it's another designer. maybe valentino, carolina herrera.. oscar de la renta... in the way it's styled, but in the jewels and the design/placement of them... plus the jewel 'motifs' in the prints too, they make you look twice
there really are clever designs at Prada ... she has a way of making unique ideas accessible to the masses
my initial reaction is the same as yours gius :lol:
now you intrigue me to look at the jewels a little more closer.

this sure is one collection the masses will accept...

one of the most conventionally wearable collections we have seen from her in a while. i love it. though it will have NOTHING to do with the spring collection i bet.

I love the colours and of course the embellishments!!

I like this. It looks like what John Galliano is "trying" to do for Dior except this is actually successfully executed.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I lovvvveee the green tones~
And those emerald jeweled shoes are beautiful
These looks remind me of what women would wear in Oz haha

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! This is the old Prada that I love! I'm so glad she's over that 'oddity for oddity's sake' phase.
as much as it is a good sign... i'm not sure we can say it's over. maybe this is her way of doing "oddity" this season! who knows!

whatever it is. I LOVE HER! when she does odds for the sake of whatever she wants! she somehow gets it right!!! very very right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->