Prada S/S 2021 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by RaisinBoy, Sep 24, 2020.

1. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Well-Known Member

2. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

I’m so pissed off. Loved the casting tho.

Phoebobo22, Darko, JessRubik and 5 others like this.
  3. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Well-Known Member

My favorite brand is dead. I’m speechless.

There are some nice looks, but they are buried under loads of logos. Nothing is great or absolute. Timid (not in a good way) also comes to my mind. This is so sad.

Design-wise, it’s nice to see some new ideas and silhouettes, but it’s nothing to write home about. I think we all expected this combination of Raf's Jil Sander and Miuccia's basics.

I guess we can say goodbye to sharp tailoring with Raf. It took two designers to slap archival prints on sweatshirts? Please.

Also, in the conversation, Miuccia looked really nervous and Raf looked just horrible.

4. bc collector

bc collector Well-Known Member

Shall we start?

The big frontal logos, those huge, fluffy, horrendous logos...did it really take two fashion geniuses to come up with that? They scream second tier China cities customers, to me. Sorry, I just can't get over them.
    It was an OK debut, there is still a lot of work to do, obvs, but there was really nothing particularly new or outstanding there, couture parkas aside.
    It felt cold, a bit unemotional and I don't know whether that was meant to be like that or not.

JessRubik, Darko, Reggie63 and 4 others like this.
  5. SophiaVB

SophiaVB Well-Known Member

What a let down. The show, casting & some of the looks too closely resemble Demna for me. The logos & printed hoodies are a huge NO. Already seeing fangirl editor responses online & not seeing the hype. I know we all love Miuccia & Raf but this isn't it.

6. SophiaVB

SophiaVB Well-Known Member

Perhaps nitpicking the but Miuccia coat clutch reference is clearly a nod to what turned into an internet meme after the last collection & it's so self-referential and an odd thing to have the models do.

7. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

It was so easy to separate what were Miuccia's ideas from Raf's. The latter brought everything we did not need: hoodies, the knitwears with holes (very 2010), the logos and backpacks.

I enjoyed the continuity of Miuccia's idea of having something more subtle, down to earth (yet still lazy to me) and sensual: the shoes, the models holding the coats, the skirts.

But when you have two very talented and acclaimed designers do you not expect fireworks? Innovation? Yet we had nothing of that except new styling tricks. These two just confirmed that fashion needs most of all new designers, fresh blood. Instead of associating with each other, they should take time to nurture the future generation and pass the baton.

P.S : I am not excited to see the first Raf simons womenswear show after that. not like I was before...

8. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Cheap, cold, cynical and, above all, terribly superficial. Raf really substracted the soul from Prada.

No innovation regarding cut or silhouette, just the same old Linea Rossa stuff used like a cloth moodboard to stick things on.

9. Conbothsides

Conbothsides Well-Known Member

A snoozefest

JessRubik, jeanclaude and Lola701 like this.
  10. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

It baffles me how even after two failed stints, these conglomerates still champion this fallen designer. I’m not gonna lie, I’m a fan of his tenure at Dior up until F/W 2014 and his first show at Calvin was also worth praising, but it’s clear that consistency and ego were not his strongest suit. This collection is beyond tragic and I guess if fashion remains this way, I might have to find a new interest lol.

11. depordetioz

depordetioz Active Member

well, I knew I would be disappointed so I’m not really surprised. I know Miuccia wants Raf to take over when she finally retires, but I just don’t see why she would bring him in now when he obviously is in a deep creative crisis.

I think I saw the same look 15 times? It’s like when JW started out, he would show the same look in different colors, but at least he was a recent graduate lol.

also, that ‘holding your coat with your hand’ gets annoying after 18384729 looks.

Miuccia at her worst is still better than this and last couple of collections seemed like she was not at her worst anymore. Maybe I’m overreacting cause I’m angry lmao

12. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

this makes me really angry what a big giant mess!!

jeanclaude likes this.
  13. Kimihiro

Kimihiro Member

That was rough, including Raf.

Reggie63, jeanclaude, Starry and 2 others like this.
  14. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

Rough Simons, for sure.:lol:

15. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Well that was beyond disappointing. I actually love the metal Prada triangle logo but they really ruined that here. I've always thought that the point of it was something small and subtle.

All that aside, I must say that I did quite like the presentation of the show, very sci-fi and dystopian, very Raf. I also quite liked the casting too, were they all new faces?

SophiaVB likes this.
  16. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

The skirts were beautiful and some of the coats were interesting but really, what a mess!
    I hate logos on clothes (I can tolerate an iconic monogram sometimes)! The whole thing felt cheap, cash-grabbing, hypebeasts oriented...Things I'm not interested in.

Tbh, it was just a following of Raf's last collection for CK. I'm very disappointed. He is supposed to love Prada and for me, you can't love Prada and do this! It was gimmicky, try-to-hard.

The magic of Prada is linked with Miuccia. She pushes fashion but she wore the clothes. For me, a good Prada collection is a collection where no matter how, I know it relates to her personal style...Suddenly, when you are doing oversized sweatshirts and sweaters with holes (Hello Chanel FW2014), I'm lost!

This is a mess. She should have asked Marc to do it!

I'm really angry. It's terrible! It doesn't humor, the play on la bourgeoisie...It's very literal, pretentious!
    Now, I'm sure we will get a collaboration with an obvious artist..

Seriously, a Mess, I can't!

17. susseinmcswanny

susseinmcswanny Well-Known Member

I guess I’m gonna have to up my antidepressants

18. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

me right now.

A8A6D01B-F9C0-4CEE-ABFD-C474A38BA844.jpeg

source: instagram.

19. depordetioz

depordetioz Active Member

I can’t imagine the world in which Miuccia is satisfied by this collection

Phoebobo22, donyan and jeanclaude like this.
  20. Kimihiro

Kimihiro Member

It’s funny how the logos that everyone loathed last season were magnified here… I love the casting though.

I thought that Raf would push the brand forward, since it’s clearly in a rut lately.

Darko and jeanclaude like this.