Prada S/S 2021 Milan

Oh wow, I’m usually a lover of whatever these two produce. But this was really not okay. I was actually really bored watching this. It misses the joy and playfulness that Prada usually has. Who is this woman? And how boring and annoying would she be to have dinner with. Where do you even wear this?
It’s also very strong in the raf dna. This is fine for his own collection.

what a weird and dissappointing outing. Also that set is totally demna

giphy.gif

giphy

Oh no baby! What is you doing?! What is this?
Talk about blind leading the blind. Prada has needed new life breathed into it but Raf is not the one for the task, he has not delivered a good women's collection anywhere in some time and this collection is a continuation of the pretentious mediocrity I have come to expect from these 2. Even though it was expected, it is still comical to see two industry titans deliver something so uneventful.

Raf simply redone his Calvin Klein SS 2019 collection. He was maybe frustrated that the collection wasn’t produced to full capacity. Even the hybrid shoes!

Wow I thought Raf would have had some self reflection after being sacked by CK and he's still out there doing the same old crap and ruining another fashion house.

My biggest problem with Raf since Dior is that he wants to bring his modern vision but he's constantly designing clothes that do not carry much resemblance of the house code nor think about the actual customers. I mean who would wanna buy a baggy Prada hoodie with ugly print slabbed on it?

I am not shocked, just disappointed... Miuccia should have called Alber or Marc.

I'm not pissed anymore. I wanted to be fair and waited to see the pictures to have a complete look and I have to say that I like it. It's far from what I wanted to see -honestly, I don't care about RS anymore so in that aspect I didn't have any hope- but it's decent at least. She really have to be thankful to made that hideous FW 2018 collection because I don't think it's possible to make something uglier than that.
As usual with Prada, the best looks were the cleanest ones: the last eleven looks are actually great. Chic, wearable and with that uncomfortable aura that she does always. There are a lot of great fabrics too. I think they worked really well: they added a soft touch to everything. The casting was great too, you have to be confident to make something like this.
But in the other hand it felt so young looking. I hated that. Those ugly prints on the hoodies! Come on, you don't need that Miuccia! Also that repetitive styling trick with the coats makes me nervous. But it's nothing new: we all know that sometimes the trinity Olivier-Miuccia-Raf has serious problems with being polished.

Overall it's a good collection. Is it the greatest collection from the season? Not even kidding. But it's not a tragedy either. And commercially speaking, it felt very uneventful. Honestly I doubt to see this show being a hit on the sales floor.

This show feels interesting for wrong reasons. First of all, I'd give Raf three or four years at Prada and he'll be out. Let's face it, he was hired to create a hype around the brand and make a commercial success yet this collection feels pretentious to the max and hollow in a way. That's why I don't see this collaboration as a long-term one. There was no soul and it was underlined by the whole presentation, set, soundtrack etc. Some pieces were ok, like acceptable-and-boring-but-ok, but the rest was literally trash tbh. Working with the logo requires some sense of humour and we all know that Raf doesn't have that.

At the same time I feel like Christopher Kane would have done wonders with the same theme. But he's not as pretentious as Raf and he's not in the same unbearable clique so...

It's hard to be objective about this because it comes with so much baggage - but just looking at the photos what came to my mind was awkward, pretentious (and not in a good way) and , somewhat shockingly, ill-fitting to the point of unwearable. Prada has always been awkward, albeit in a fascinating and seductive way, but the seductive, mysterious, charming quality has completely gone, replaced by a sort of po-faced seriousness that seems completely without self reflection.
Maybe it's first collection nerves, maybe they have to get used to working together. Time will tell.

From the man who destroyed Calvin Klein, here comes another disaster in the making!!! The moment I saw the yellow curtains I laughed! Yellow is like the "colour of death" to Raf, I can´t wait to see all Prada stores painted in yellow! :rofl:

The clothes are exactly the mess I expected: Pure Raf, stupid patches and all! The only Prada things here are the huge logos (for the women who aspire to be a walking ad); and the famous prints from s/s 1996 upholstery collection (it seems is very difficult for them to actually design new prints)...

I think everyone has already said what's needed. I'm not sad or angry I'm just disappointed in the result (even though we all knew it would inevitably end up like this lol).

I bet this is collection is going to get shoved down our throats in every publication.

I am laughing so hard. The addition of Raf supposed to make this better. Well, guess what? Also the hand-holding coat model has got to stop. It was seasons ago, Raf. Whatever, I'm just sipping tea and what this ship sink slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->