Prada S/S 2021 Milan

Any significance to the models holding their chest?

prob raf idea

jsander1.jpg

vogue.com

I'd be very curious to know how Ms Prada and the rest of the house feel about this.

It's not a collab when you can see who did each look just by looking at it. There's really no cohesion between those two comprehension of fashion, everything here looks so messy and disturbing.

They really should look at the Dries+Lacroix collection to see how two forces can produce something great, harmonic and faithful to their work.

It felt cold, a bit unemotional and I don't know whether that was meant to be like that or not.

Isn't that Raf's creative vocabulary in a nutshell? LOL
I find the logos to be such a copout. 'Logos are so hot right now, so let's give them logos. Who cares if it's obtrusive and take so much away from the look, it will sell. (Not even 'it will get the tongues wagging'). It will sell!'

Because that's Prada in 2020. Exclusively about sales. No different than another ailing house like Ferragamo or Lanvin tbh.

To quote Lola....'women can be hypebeasts too, you know'. :lol:

rumor has it that he's getting €30 million a year for this :rolleyes:

that's ridiculous ! even Bailey's role as CEO and creative director was paid less

collections is (as someone has already said) cynical and pretentious, nevertheless I must say I feel somehow better looking at that mess; it's simple and minimal at least. Bags are smooth and elegant, logomania has been pushed to grotesque form which is funny for me rather than annoying. I like coats and shoes and that simple looks (towards the end). Let's give them two more seasons and then we will burin it all down with our outrage :D

rumor has it that he's getting €30 million a year for this :rolleyes:
It’s ridiculous! I don’t even think Bertelli pays himself that kind of salary.
Even Karl apparently received around 25 millions a year (after taxes) from Chanel.

I would be surprised if Raf receives more than 10 millions a year.

Anyway, now that I got out that of my system and calmed down a bit - I just find everything so old, dated, uninspired, and tacky. This brand is all about defining what the future of fashion is by presenting a duality of concepts so unexpected that it all contributes to an evolution on how we think about fashion. Instead, we got a microwaved, hot mess of leftovers. Cut outs and warp printing from Dior HC. Coat volumes from JS couture trilogy. Reissued prints from the Prada archive. All topped off with an insipid, heavy glazing of logos that no doubt is the brand's cash grab. It really is the perfect clothing to match with your oh so cutting edge Prada Superstar kicks.

I for one just watched out of curiosity, not really out of excitement. It felt like the brand could not get out of that second-tier city, Instagram thot, Tiktok cretin market mindset that Prada has been so in love with. And now with Raf on board, it seems it's full steam ahead. Stripped of his team, this is fully his - this is his mediocrity in plain view - and I won't feel easy until he's out of the brand. Now that we're at this point, it seems that this is the first step towards redemption. Patrizio, please, do your part and do what you do.

I'll end this rant with a multi-layered quote from Shelley's Ozymandias - it seems to be the perfect sentiment to sum up this fiasco: "Look on my Works, ye mighty, and despair!"

This looks like exactly what we would have expected, but still...oof.

What a bummer this whole thing is. Having to watch all these gloomy-faced models dressed in shapeless garments clutching their coats while stomping down around this weird space...what a gimmicky, pretentious joke.

Like someone mentioned, so much of this is clearly lifted from Raf's last collection for Calvin Klein. Talk about uninspired. There's no real craft on display, there's nothing to inspire or make one dream or analyze or fantasize...this is just nothing.

It's really a good thing Miuccia and Raf wrapped themselves up in mystery and unattainability all these years and avoided doing that many interviews, because hearing them talk so extendedly is painful on several levels. I feel like they have to know deep down how ridiculous this seems, and what a waste of time and resources this all is.

This is exactly what I expected from him.

Thanks vogue28 for posting the individual shots so I don’t have to suffer through the video of Raf’s relentless, desperate pretentiousness of what is essentially a very cynical, market-strategic and soulless sellout of the Prada brand as accessible outlet, midrange department-store basics. It’s an H&M collaboration if I’m feeling generous.

It’s ridiculous! I don’t even think Bertelli pays himself that kind of salary.
Even Karl apparently received around 25 millions a year (after taxes) from Chanel.

I would be surprised if Raf receives more than 10 millions a year.

I got curious and looked at the annual reports. Patrizio earns 12 MM € plus about 600K in benefits and bonuses annually - the same as Miuccia does. I think you're right - it can't be that Rough Simons is earning more than both Prada and Bertelli combined! Shocking if he does, and it shows how desperate the brand really is!

Last edited:
Well...I have to say I don't hate the first 10-11 looks...I like the silhouettes and I like the color and I like the styling. I don't even hate the Prada triangle at the neckline.

But then the rest of it is just so worthless. The graphic prints are r*tarded and pulling the archive print is beyond unimaginative. We all knew Raf would bring nothing to the table except his ego. He looks beyond ridiculous in the video with his new hairdo sitting in the puddle of that stupid sweater. What a joke he is.

I got curious and looked at the annual reports. Patrizio earns 12 MM euros plus about 600K in benefits and bonuses - the same as Miuccia does. I think you're right - it can't be that Rough Simons is earning more than both Prada and Bertelli combined! Shocking if he does, and it shows how desperate the brand really is!
Designers (and we are talking about the top top, big big) can negotiate a 10 million euros salary. It was reported that Marc asked it years ago. But you needs to be a designer like Hedi Slimane or maybe a Nicolas Ghesquiere. You can negotiate to reach that kind of salary when you have reached a certain goal of revenues for the brand.

Raf unlike Nicolas and Hedi did not have real commercial success in his career. The only time it worked in terms of numbers, he left. Maybe he was able to negotiate an insane salary at CK but Prada? No!

But he has a lot of advantages. Nobody is going to cry for him tho...

Designers (and we are talking about the top top, big big) can negotiate a 10 million euros salary. It was reported that Marc asked it years ago. But you needs to be a designer like Hedi Slimane or maybe a Nicolas Ghesquiere. You can negotiate to reach that kind of salary when you have reached a certain goal of revenues for the brand.

Raf unlike Nicolas and Hedi did not have real commercial success in his career. The only time it worked in terms of numbers, he left. Maybe he was able to negotiate an insane salary at CK but Prada? No!

But he has a lot of advantages. Nobody is going to cry for him tho...

They had minority stakes at Kering and that's what managed them to get that much money. Like Hedi, it allowed him to have at least 10 million $ a year at Saint Laurent. A brand when he tripled the sales...Nicolas with 10% of stake in Kering had 42 million $ when he left Balenciaga.

So Raf does not have 30 million dollars at all. He is a cute intellectual guy but that's it. He is far below the level of Nicolas and Hedi to turn their work into a lot of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->