Target's "Go International" with Luella Bartley

Just bought the skull 'n hearts clutch yesterday. They had a whole stock of new merchandise on Saturday at NoCal Target. I like skulls but don't really like the pink hearts. It's still cute though..

It's always all sold out when I go!

I need to find out when Target gets thier Luella shipments and BE THERE!:lol:

B000CSP0GO.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

B000CSQRQ6.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

B000CSQVC6.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

B000CSWICS.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

I like the jeans. I don't know about shopping for clothes at Target though, I haven't done that before.

Some stuff IS cute but others just look tacky.

^ definitely - I'm staying away from the neon-colored miniskirts, but there are a number of pieces I like.

My target has practically no selection =( I really wanted to buy a few things too.. I may try looking at a nearby Target (I never buy clothes online).

I wanted to buy the black strapless dress but no Target in Puerto Rico :P and its sold out online :<

windyamel said:
i'm so annoyed with tara jarman! however, target was so right on with luella bartley that maybe, just maybe, it will work out. it has to, right?

well, they are at least trying to make an effort....last year, i read that they approached stella mccartney (fore she did the H&M line)....i'm hoping that they extend "go international".

usmarinewife, did you make your many returns yet?

i'm heading to target today...hopefully i'll find more markdowns!

target update:

this is what i saw on sale....

tanks marked down to 3.24
white jacket 19.98
black white tie top 6.24
black zip skirt 14.98
graffitti skirt 3.98
polka dot dress 27.98
zip puffly sleeved shortsleeve 7.48
leather jackets still 74.98
plastic circular bracelets 2.24
cherry ipod holder 3.24
suspender pants 19.98

finally some good sales!!!

i almost forgot...
bathing suit separates are 9.98 each.
yellow cherry shirt 17.98
cherry shirt 4.98
cowboy boot shirt 4.98

my target had gotten a lot more trapunto dresses in this week...but sadly no red...

i think we are unlikely to see any spectacular sales on target.com, probably due to the fact that people can print out their receipts easy and return things to the stores if their order online.

quickie luella interview

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060328/FEAT05/603280316

Fashion's 'pop' comes from prints
Patterns on white big for spring

By Samantha Critchell
The Associated Press

NEW YORK — With spring's color palette focused on neutrals, what's a stylish gal to do if she wants to make a bold fashion statement?
She picks a print.
In fact, she'll show she's really on the ball if it's a white-ground print - hitting two trends with one top - or bottom, or dress.
British designer Luella Bartley, who also is Target's guest international designer this season, is known for bold prints and patterns. The Target collection features garments decorated with cherries, cowboy boots, graffiti and plaids, while Bartley's upcoming signature fall collection uses lots of schoolgirl plaids.
"I like things to be quite poppy, quite graphic - it's quite a London sensibility. I'm not looking for 'pretty' or 'nice,' " Bartley says. "Stripes are always a huge thing for me. I'm obsessed with stripes. I like a graphic flower print, not a delicate Liberty (of London) print, and I like uniform prints."
Bartley shies away from intricate artwork and cutesy things, she says, but fruit prints look crisp, too.
"A cherry is very iconic. I like to play those sorts of images. I take something sickeningly sweet and use it in a subversive way. With cherries the way to do it is to make it graphic. It's sweet, cute, but hopefully with a little bit of teen angst," she says.
BEHIND THE COLLECTION
As a woman in her 30s, Bartley says she'd wear the cherry print with a tailored pantsuit. "I like that bold pop but without being too in your face."
Bartley and her team design all the prints themselves, and they're typically the first step in building a new collection. The inspiration for one could come from something on the street to a piece of art.
"Usually when I'm thinking about the story behind the girl of the collection, I'm thinking about the things she loves and then the prints just sort of come," Bartley says during a phone interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!! i just bought the red trapunto dress! i couldnt be more excited, ive wanted it for so long!

i bought it off ebay!! the only one my size, so i feel lucky to have spotted it!

i visited one tiny local target and nothing was on sale. weird. :doh: hurry up and be on sale, dammit!

i live in the middle of fashion nowhere, only an hour from nyc, but as far as 99.9% of the peopleare concerned, it could be iowa. soooo, there was a ton of luella clearanced at my target yesterday, and i made out like a bandit. good lord, the leather and suede jackets were marked down to 37 dollars and change. although, i don't wear leather, so they stayed at the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blissfullychelle
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->