project: moved from Belgium to Paris

phinn

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm studying Journalism in Belgium and in a month we're going to Paris.
One of our assignments is interviewing someone who was born in Belgium (Vlaanderen) and who then later moved to Paris.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Jana

you are talking fashion non?

well,rising belgian jewellery/accessory designer natalia brilli is based in paris now. i dunno if it's at all possible but since he's still so connected to his roots,martin margiela might be willing to do an interview as such. i don't really know of too many other belgian born designers who aren't based in antwerpen or bruxelle itself though.

good luck!! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, but I don't think she was born in the Dutch part of Belgium. We need to interview someone who was born in the Dutch part of Belgium and then moved to Paris. I doesn't matter who it is, it doesn't have to be some famous designer. Anybody will do.

i completely forgot....do you know of,patrick van ommeslaeghe? i remember that he just made a move to paris after being based in antwerpen for quite a long time.

yeah,you're right about natalia though. but definitely see if you could get patrick though.

and he was born in the flemish region.

Martin Margiela doesn't do interviews. But there are quite a few Flemish fashion people here. Why not Walloons, though?

PK

Thanks Scott and Prosperk. I know it's stupid, but they want us to interview Flemish people, not Walloons. I don't know why, but probably to make it harder to find someone :-)

i completely forgot....do you know of,patrick van ommeslaeghe? i remember that he just made a move to paris after being based in antwerpen for quite a long time.

patrick van ommeslaeghe is based in milan these days, he works at jil sander:smile:

The guy who's doing Louis Vuitton's menswear is Flemish, no?

There is someone working at Martin Margiela who is definitely Flemish, he works at the moulage-department

Haider Ackermann is kind of Flemish :smile:

Isn't Peter Bertsch Flemish? He works at Louis Vouitton

Kris van Assche sounds Flemish, but I'm not sure...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all so much!! I've sent some e-mail, now I just have to hope someone is willing to help me.
If by any chance any of you know someone who's a journalist or a editor for a Paris paper or magazine, let me know :-)?

Olivier Theyskens?

Ann Demeulemeesteer?

Dries Van Noten?

Jurgi Persoons?

When you say "moved to Paris", they all have a presence in Paris but like any non-French designer, they might not live here all the time. Apart from anything else, there are tax-related reasons for not wishing to spend more than 180 days in France.

Feel free to send me a message or an e-mail. I fit your description of journalist and editor in Paris...

Prosper

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->