Studying Abroad.

Walt Disney World International Program

http://disney.go.com/DisneyCareers/wdwcareers/international/index.html

For all you who are thinking about coming to the US to study abroad, try the International College program by Walt Disney, its a great experience for students coming from another country. Housing is provided really nice housing.
They also have a program for american students as well
check it out at http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/

I just came back from my program in jan, I stayed in Florida for about 6 months, it was the best time of my life. The people you meet from around the world and the things you learn is all worth it.

Personally I dont see any reason why anyone shoudlnt study abroad, considering expenses are covered. There are so many things to see in the world, and not taking the oppourtunity to live somewhere else and experience life would be saddening. I want to go to Australia or Paris soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently looking into studying in Ghana this summer.Has ayone ever been there?

Sonja:flower:

I'm planning to go studying abroad, but what scares me are the school fees. Where I come from, university education is mostly free, but for example in England the fees are sky-high. I have heard of some loan/support you can get through EU, but I am still a little bit suspicious.

What about language tests? Aren't there language tests for foreign students?

WhiteLinen said:
I'm planning to go studying abroad, but what scares me are the school fees. Where I come from, university education is mostly free, but for example in England the fees are sky-high. I have heard of some loan/support you can get through EU, but I am still a little bit suspicious.

What about language tests? Aren't there language tests for foreign students?

Not sure about the UK, but in Canada, you're required to take a language proficiency test and get a certain score in order to take english classes in Uni.....which at least one is required depending on your field of study. If you are unable to pass that, they usually ask you to take another non credit class before you can take any English classes for credit.

=WhiteLinen]I'm planning to go studying abroad, but what scares me are the school fees. Where I come from, university education is mostly free, but for example in England the fees are sky-high.

I know what you mean WhiteLinen... I am from England so i know how expensive uni is and i don't really have much idea of how England compares to other countries in that sense. Are the costs much less abroad?

University is very cheap in England. £3000 may not even be a third of the actual cost of teaching you.

Well, compared to where I live (Finland) education, including university education, is free. The UK is not a cheap place to live even if you wouldn't be studying there, and if you do study I wonder how can I pay for everything.

There are very few non-Nordic countries with free tertiary education: Finland is unusual in this respect, not the UK. And Finland has comparable living costs to the UK also, so it seems a strange comparison to make.

It is true that the cost of living here is high, probably as high as in the UK, but if there would be the added school fee, it would be even higher. I know that students are already struggling with money problems here, and they don't have to pay for their education, aside from books.

I am not saying UK or other countries where education costs are odd. All I am saying is that to me personally it might be hard to adapt, and as I have gotten used to a different system the cost seems too high.

I always laugh about my father's side of the family getting shipped off arbitrarily, as they've attended college/university in every corner of the map (as a globe has no corners, contrary to popular expression). My dad himself went to school in Tehran, Manchester and finally Omaha, which I've asked him nothing about, despite being just a little curious...

definitely yay!! I don't want to stay in Paris or in France for my studies...
so, I really hope I'm going to get in a good college in Cali or in New York maybe!!
that'd be such a great experience!!!!

yay! one of my biggest regrets of something I never did, is never going to USA for an exchange in high school.

I'm 22 now and I'm just beginning to think about uni yet, but maybe I still have a chance?

only problem is that there is absolutely no way I could leave my boy behind me, he'd have to come and well... that definitely makes it harder.

I think I have made a plan. I will try and study one year at my country, where it is free. Then I will apply to their student exchange plan, which will mean that I can study in the UK for a year for free. While I am in the UK, I have the time to settle in and find a job and the university to study in. Then after the first year, I will become an independent UK university student (no longer a student in my country's university or the exchange plan) who pays the fees etc. Do you think this is a good idea?

Which universities are the best in the UK, preferably in England? And how do you pay for the fees?

Yay ! actually it's one of my future plan. i think it's good because u will learn a lot of things that u haven't known before. Also, u will make some new friends. it must be such a wonderful experience:woot:.

but it must be lonely living far away from family :cry:

I won't be missing so many people... moving out of this country has been my only dream since I was five, so therefore this is only a natural change for me.

linen - i've been lucky to have the chance to study abroad in japan and the UK.. i just wanted to emphasize along with everyone else what an extremely positive and life changing experience it is to study abroad.. and that i'm so excited for you :flower:

just wanted to say... bring a trusty umbrella and jacket.. the weather is as unpredictable as which cobblestone you'll trip over:blush:

WhiteLinen said:
I think I have made a plan. I will try and study one year at my country, where it is free. Then I will apply to their student exchange plan, which will mean that I can study in the UK for a year for free. While I am in the UK, I have the time to settle in and find a job and the university to study in. Then after the first year, I will become an independent UK university student (no longer a student in my country's university or the exchange plan) who pays the fees etc. Do you think this is a good idea?

Which universities are the best in the UK, preferably in England? And how do you pay for the fees?
You would probably have to reapply to university in the UK via UCAS after your exchange year. You would need British A-levels or other acceptable qualifications and an IELTS or TOEFL qualification if English is not your first language. Even with these qualifications, entry to university in the UK in far more competitive than on the continent and there is always a risk of not being accepted. You would then start your degree again from scratch, graduating after another three years. Your original degree would be classified as a fail.

If you are a citizen of the European Union you might pay reduced fees, I'm not sure how. Otherwise you would pay full fees (£10,000 +) in hard cash.

You would probably have to reapply to university in the UK via UCAS after your exchange year. You would need British A-levels or other acceptable qualifications and an IELTS or TOEFL qualification if English is not your first language. Even with these qualifications, entry to university in the UK in far more competitive than on the continent and there is always a risk of not being accepted. You would then start your degree again from scratch, graduating after another three years. Your original degree would be classified as a fail.

How can I get British A-levels?

I have a cousin who studies film in Bristol... haven't from her about these things though.

Funny, just a page ago you said it's not that expensive to go to university in the UK, and now you say it's £10 000+ ?

yay! I studied in Italy last semester.. and this Spring 2008 I am planning on studying in Paris, I'm so excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->