Studying Abroad.

Studying abroad was the best decision I ever made in my entire young life. Just go, it was the most amazing time of my life. I lived in London, and I learned so many things outside of the classroom from being on my own in a big city like that.

GO study abroad!! Especially in Copenhagen...which is where I am right now on exchange. Everyone is really friendly. Everyone speaks english which is a definite need for me. Beautiful city, good shopping, and I love the nightlife here. There are people from all over the world that you will get to know. Im loving it so much that i am considering staying for another semester. Definitely go study abroad, I tell that to everyone! Let us know what happens!

BadHairDay said:
How do you go about finding a place to stay with other students, or does it get sorted for you by the university?
my university housed us in a dorm with French college students in the summer, but then we found our own apartments for the rest of the year. It was nice because a small group of us californians remained friends throughout the year and traveled and hung out together, but we were scattered throughout the city so we had enough contact with locals to learn the language and get adjusted individually.

Paris I and ENS both said they could do something about accomodation.

For American students, it seems that you generally either pass or fail courses abroad rather than them affecting your grades. This meant that lots of the Americans on my course packed in year long exchanges after a term because they were more interested in improving their GPA.

Courses in France were graded for me when I went, but it had to translate into the american letter grade system. We generally had inflated grades which meant that we could get in even more partying than we would've at home. :wacko: :D

I am studying abroad (UK) atm but im also going to Germany in my 3rd year. I really recommend it. Even if you're shy (like me) you'll definitely enjoy it, see new places and learn a lot. Go for it! :wink:

the university offered us on campus housing too...
it was fabulous....
we all partied a lot more than we would at home too....:innocent:

i want to go study abroad to...switzerland, or Italy. but fear is holding me back, can anyone help me out? Im thinking of becomming an Au Pair in Switzerland and attend a language school to learn the language.
The problem is I want to go very badly but I have a bf. But I guess it can be a test if he will wait -he he he:smile:
Anyways any advice for someone like me?

I studied abroad in Copenhagen! I loved it... so much, in fact, that I'm going back to work for the program I studied abroad through! I'll be back in late July. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have (I LOVE talking about my experience!), but I'm in a rush right now so I have to keep this short. If you want, I can send you my e-mail address (I don't check the one TFS has listed for me very much, so I'd send you another...)

I plan on studying abroad in my junior year (i am currently a freshman). I was thinking of going to London for fashion, partially because I have been there before and want to go back and partially because I stink at learning new languages :P I went on a school trip in my junior year of high school to Greece and Italy and that was an amazing experience. I'm guessing going abroad for a semester is even better!

I'm currently studying in Montreal (I'm from Paris) and I'm sick of it. But that's because it's my 3rd year here.
Studying abroad is an amazing experience, but more than a year might be tough on you.

yay, yay, yay!. :woot: definitely do it. i'm trying to do it in france or italy (for latin) once i'm a junior in high school.

Study Abroad?

Hello Everyone,

I search this thread and haven't seen any post in this, So I would like to know have anyone did a study abroad program yet. My planning after I get my associates in fashion in NY is to do a study abroad program in Paris, London or Australia. Then I want to go to school in LA but I am still thinking about. Please if anyone have any experience studying abroad please do tell...

im thinking NYU. never been to the big apple, but my god! it sounds like such a breathtaking city to be in!

I think you should. I just got into a program at Oxford, and I'm going next semester. I'm very excited and can't wait to experience life in a completely different country.

yay ~ way of thinking opens, new experiences, studing new languages, meeting new people

nay ~ sometimes lonely, far from parents, bf/gf, loved ones, can be expensive :blush:

I really want to do it, but I don't know how to convince my parents.

Thanks everyone for responding, its definately made me SURE that i want to study abroad, everyone seems to have had really amazing experiences and i cant wait for the time when i can do it too now that iv heard from all of you!!! :heart:
POC you explained about the situations for Americans, do you know how the system works for brits? is it any different?

To respond: In East Africa I worked for the legal advisor's office in the government of a small country. PM me if you want more details. We were working on an arbitration case against another country (public international law) regarding damage claims for international law violations during a border war.

It was amazing ... I was planning on going back, but as of today, it's a little uncertain. I was thinking they would offer me a little more money ... we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->