Studying Abroad.

Thanks Julesrule815 for the advice, I think a lot of people only listen to what advisors tell you to do, not follow their own interests, even if it differs from the norm. Since I am a journalism major I feel their are so many places I could study abroad, which does make it difficult to narrow down my choices! However, right now my heart is pulling me towards studying in England. Their are so many pros on my list; great uni's, great location, fantastic shopping and tourism sites, friendly people, London, close to my family, birthplace of much of the English language as we know it, ect. So I most likely will study some where within England although you never know, I do change my mind a lot! :smile:

So... I think this thread needs to be revived again! I think I've narrowed down what country I'm going to study in; England. However, I am debating between what uni's to apply too. My school has a program with Oxford and Cambridge so I was wondering if you could weigh the pros and cons of the school (I'm a journalism major with a minor in international relations). Also I can study at other schools besides those two and I was thinking Central St. Martins since I know the London College of Communication is affiliated with the school. So what school do you think is best for a journalism major? Or do you suggest that I look at other schools in England? Thanks for your help! :smile:

If I were you, I think I would take classes not directly helpful towards your minor. Like, humanities credits. You want to make sure the credits transfer so if you take a class that wasn't as important for your major, then you have nothing to worry about.

I will be speaking with a lady on Tuesday about studying over in Spain in the spring! :woot: VERY EXCITED.

^Good idea... its probably best to do take classes related to humanities credits rather then specific classes for my major. Thats why I figure I could study at either Oxford or Cambridge without any problems. They may not have my major but they have a lot of classes which I could take (plus how awesome would it be to go to either school?!).
Thats so exciting Papa Levante! Spain would be an amazing place to study (if only I could speak the language!)... :smile:

Study Abroad: CSM or LCF?

I am currently trying to plan my semester abroad for next fall and I know I want to go to London but I'm having trouble deciding whether I would rather go to London College of Fashion or Central St Martins.

I've heard mixed reviews about both that overall tend to favor LCF as a better experience, but there are also some great things said about CSM. Generally people have told me that you learn more and have more choice at LCF.

When I looked into the programs it seems to me like CSM says that their program is integrated so you take classes alongside their students (which sounds appealing to me), but that for fashion you have to enter into the first year of the course. LCF on the other hand seems to have a program that is more tailored for study abroad students but it looks like study abroad students are grouped together and take classes separately from the general student body (which is not as appealing). But I think LCF offers much more detailed information on their site about what classes you could take, some of which sound really interesting, like surface design, etc. whereas I can't find what classes I would be taking at CSM.

Basically I was wondering if anyone had experience with the study abroad programs at either of these schools or had any opinions on which would be better for me.

I'm looking for a fun, exciting experience where I will be able to work alongside the university's students and take classes that are interesting and unique, that I would not get a chance to take at my home school.

Hi... so I'm now a museum studies major who's looking to study abroad in England. And so far I'm having little luck finding my major or something with a similar title and study to it. So anyone who understands the British schooling system want to help me out?
However I was thinking since I'm minoring in journalism with a concentration in history I could always take classes in those areas of study instead right? I'm thinking it might make it easier to find schools to apply to. So any other suggestions for schools with these subjects. My school has programs with Oxford, Cambridge, Nottingham, and Queen Mary Uni of London (just to name a few). So what do you think? Have any TFSers attended these schools? Thanks!:flower:

Any Swedish people here? I'll (most likely) do a voluntary service in Sweden at the beginning of 2012, been to Stockholm before and I loved it. I'm German by the way.

I would like to know more about how good your final grades of school you to be for things that I'm interested in studying and also if really most of the studies only go 2 years and if I finish these studies will be able to compete internationally anyway? There's still the possibility of studying in Copenhagen in my mind...arg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->