Studying Abroad.

How can I get British A-levels?

I have a cousin who studies film in Bristol... haven't from her about these things though.

Funny, just a page ago you said it's not that expensive to go to university in the UK, and now you say it's £10 000+ ?

For overseas students it's expensive, if your country is in the EU, you pay the same amount as UK students, which at the moment is around 3000 pounds but you can get a loan :flower:

just answered really old post :rolleyes:

Does anyone know of any European universities with courses taught in English?

I've looked at the University of Utrecht in the Netherlands' website and i really like the look of it but it's quite hard to navigate the site. Does anyone know of it? Does it have a good reputation?

I want to study in Europe (but not the UK), hopefully at a really good uni, but definately need the course to be taught in English as that is my first language. Any help/ advice would be much appreciated; i'm not fussy about the country (I'm up for going further than Europe as well.... i want an adventure indeed!)
Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
If cost weren't an issue, I don't understand why EVERYBODY wouldn't take the opportunity to study abroad. Wherever you go, it's just another experience under your belt to become more culture, more knowledgeable.

Hmm...I decided to study abroad, I haven't seen my family for two years. Just don't pick a place that's too far away. Like, I don't know, NEW ZEALAND.

I lived in Ireland and taught students from all over the world who were studying abroad. They were so intelligent and thrilled to be living abroad. It is definitely worth the price for the experiences gained, people met, the education itself.

I'm planning on studying abroad next fall and applying for it this spring. I'm really excited, but the 3 places I'm trying to decide between are Italy, England, and Sweden. Does anyone have any suggestions? I definitely need to take courses in English. I'm from the U.S. and I've always wanted to go to England, but I think that Sweden would be a bit more of an adventure, and everything about Italy seems so beautiful. Ahhhh, decisions!

my mums thinking of moving abroad with her partner so shes trying to persuade me to study in New York. But im not complaining :P

i am studying in London next semester. My program includes a homestay (which i am kinda iffy on but whatever) and it costs the same as my regular tuition. It will be expensive because the pound is twice the dollar, but I don't think that is a reason not to go. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity

i am studying in London next semester. My program includes a homestay (which i am kinda iffy on but whatever) and it costs the same as my regular tuition. It will be expensive because the pound is twice the dollar, but I don't think that is a reason not to go. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity

A homestay...like you literally live with a family there? Do they feed you and everything...:shifty:...or is that up to you...

bumping this thread to see if anyone has any news or updates on their studying situations..... :flower:

well, I did really well this semester so I'm pretty sure I'll make it into the study abroad program for Fall 2008 *crosses fingers*. I think I'll go to England, but there are only 2 schools there affiliated with my school and major. One of them is in Preston, England. Does anyone know anything about Preston?

I'm not abroad yet, but I'm planning on going on a high-school level exchange program this Fall with Rotary Youth Exchange. I've already been accepted and I have an Outbound orientation next week.

I'm really excited about this. I've always wanted to do something like this, but I didn't want to complicate the high-school process. As a result, I'm doing this on a gap year.

I get mixed reactions. Some people are cool with it and there glad that I'm trying something new and different, of course, there are plenty who are more like "What the hell is your problem child? Go to college!"

But whatever, I'll go when I come back, doing something different wouldn't kill me. I'm still going to college. As a matter of fact, I applied like normal and whoever I choose, I'll just ask to defer enrollment.

I'm not guaranteed a specific country yet, but for my top 5 I put Japan, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Brazil.

Has anyone had any experience with CEA and their programs? The programs my school offers either a) don't interest me or b) don't suit my needs/wants/major.

Thanks for bumping the thread, JG.

I am also curious about people's experience going overseas.

ruby - I think that's a very North American attitude towards gap years. I find it's a lot more common in European and other countries and it really makes perfect sense. I hope you enjoy it!

mcflyandgemmafan - where did you choose? What were the two uni's your school is affiliated with?

Not a problem, I am curious as well! Anyone go abroad to the French Riviera? This is what I'm most interested in.

^
um, to what university exactly? As far as I'm aware the French Riviera isn't really an academic hotbed....

Nice has several universities; they're alright for literature if endless cycles of chansons de geste are your idea of fun.

I'm at Lyon 2 next year.

^ Yeah, I was looking at the French Riviera or a program in Aix-de-Provence but am leaning toward the first because it seems like you get to experience the most, plus an excursion to Paris as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->