Rachel Rachel Roy : Rachel Roy's Line with Macy's

the line will be out september 9th. in macys stores.
there will also be a pop up store in NYC during fashion week. i am looking forward to examining the clothes in my local macys. (i expect this will be put next to the INC clothes)

that purple print jacket and the olive print dress are so cute! i am pleasantly surprised!

The new Rachel Rachel Roy collection will ship to Macy’s, where it will be sold exclusively, in about three weeks — and Roy is already planning her own retail venture.

The designer, who sold a 50 percent stake of her business to Jones Apparel Group last year, will open a pop-up shop in Manhattan’s SoHo section at 111 Spring Street on Sept. 9. The unveiling of the shop is timed with the start of New York Fashion Week and the Fashion’s Night Out shopping event that evening. The 1,800-square-foot space will house the entire collection of Rachel Rachel Roy merchandise ranging from contemporary sportswear and dresses to footwear, jewelry and handbags. The store, which will only remain open for about 10 days — or until all merchandise is sold out — is a preview of what’s to come from the designer, who plans to open pop-up shops in others cities following New York.

Roy said the store will provide a snapshot into her point of view and will convey the full message of what the Rachel Rachel Roy brand is about.

“Having your own store is the only medium through which you get to tell your story to the customer in its complete essence,” Roy said. “I absolutely hope to have my own store one day, and to me, launching the Rachel Rachel Roy pop-up store is the most appropriate first step in that path.”

Roy said she plans to be in the store regularly to work with customers.

“What’s special about the pop-up store is that, due to the short-lived nature, I am able to fully devote myself and interact with my customers on a daily basis,” she said. “I grew up working in retail, so it’s rewarding for me to now have my own space, personally fit the customers and be able to hear their feedback directly.”

Stacy Lastrina, Jones Apparel Group’s executive vice president of marketing, said they plan to open with a bang. The store, which will be decked out in art by famed New York graffiti artist George “SEN One” Morillo, will have SEN One creating custom pieces for customers to purchase. Opening night will be hosted by musical artist Estelle. In addition, a graffiti-printed ice cream truck will be parked outside the store, giving out free ice cream to passersby. A percentage of proceeds (which is still being worked out) from sales at the store will benefit New Yorkers for Children.

“Our ultimate goal here is to bring a working lab to engage the downtown consumer,” Lastrina said. “Customers will get the total experience for what the brand is all about.”

The Rachel Rachel Roy apparel collection, which retails for between $59 and $299, includes an array of sportswear options such as stonewashed denim skirts; fake leather jackets and fake fur vests; long, chunky cardigans; Modal jersey dresses, jumpsuits and tops; crystal-embellished cotton jersey T-shirts; brushstroke-printed jackets and coats, and bright pink leopard-printed skinny jeans. In addition to apparel, there is a large selection of accessories, including footwear, handbags and jewelry, all retailing for less than $250.
wwd / july 23, 2009
i'm definitely going to check it out when i'm there...

Last edited by a moderator:
thats great that they are considering other cities besides NY for the pop-ups.

i see some cute jewelry. definitely worth checking out.

It really does look cute, and if it's priced well I'm definitely getting a few pieces!

A few items are now available online at macys.com

The blazers, shoes and jewelry aren't available online, so I hope they're in stores. Unless they plan to them along with the rest of the collection at a later date...

that chain top is very cute. I can see it being a nightmare to keep looking nice on the rack though!

has anyone tried on the modal print draped dresses?

they look so cute and comfy; i'm hoping they transfer well to real life.

It all looks cute but not really for the macys customer. I can already see this stuff on the infamous macys $9.99 rack. Maybe consumers will surprise me.

Well, from a totally personal standpoint, I'd kind of like that... then I even I could afford it on my college student budget. :wink:

It actually looks fashionable, not as sterile as most designer mass market collections end up looking, but it doesn't particularly look Rachel Roy. In fact, if I saw these pieces and had to guess which pricer designer was responsible for them, I'd probably guess someone along the lines of Sass and Bide.

I think Rachel did a really good job with this collection. If you go on her website, you'll see the whole collection. It really is a junior version of her higher end line. I don't like the styling for the lookbook because it makes it look cheap. But if you edit it down to the actual look, it's great.

PG.10130555.JJ5EFXX.PD.jpg

PG.49090053.JJM20XX.PD.jpg
PG.10128754.JJ169XX.PD.jpg
PG.10128718.JJ5EFXX.PD.jpg
PG.10119523.JJD99XX.PD.jpg

All pics from Rachel Roy.com

has anyone tried on the modal print draped dresses?

they look so cute and comfy; i'm hoping they transfer well to real life.

I bought a modal dress that is no longer on the website (I guess it sold out). It's really cute. The modal fabric is like a cotton, it drapes well. I don't think it was worth $99. But I'm keeping it. I want to order another 24-hour dress in the polyester to see if I like that fabric better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->