DKNY Jeans to do Rachel Bilson Line : Edie Rose

Info from fabsugar, hope this wasn't posted already. If it was sorry.

Last week it was Avril Lavigne, and this week it's Rachel Bilson joining the celebrity designer foray.

Rachel contacted DKNY Jeans to express an interest in working with them, and that's how her junior sportswear line, Edie Rose for DKNY Jeans, came about. The collection will include 15 pieces when it launches in September, including button-down tops, sweaters, jackets, tees, dresses, and dark wash jeans in a black, white, and yellow color palette.

Rachel seems dedicated to her designs: "This line is my main focus right now," she said. "I can't draw at all, so I won't be doing any sketches, but I am learning to sew. I think it's important to know more about the whole process of making clothes."

She named the line for her grandmother Edie, and Rose, a close family friend, because she didn't want to use her own name: "I want people to see these clothes for what they are, not just another line designed by another celebrity," she said. "I want the line to be taken seriously." From these first looks, will you be taking it seriously?

And preview of the clothes also from fabsugar.com

I think it looks pretty good too, I like that she keps it simple black and white then added a little color with the yellow, yellow is one of my favourite colors so I have to say that but it does look nice and very much her style.

These looks are completely based off of things she's worn before which I think is great. It shows that she'd actually wear these herself. The yellow dress looks like the green Sretsis she wore in Dubai and the black dress with the yellow belt looks like it was inspired by her Brian Reyes cocktail dress with the red belt. I think it looks pretty good but of course I am biased. :D

IMO, she can be much better in the fashion area than in the acting one where she's not so good (let's face it, she's cute and has a real sense of fashion, but she was painfully bad in Jumper:ninja:).
I can't draw at all, so I won't be doing any sketches, but I am learning to sew
I don't really see her point! She's supposed to explain people what clothes she'd like them to create, she's not supposed to sew her entire collection!
I really, really like Rachel, but I am SO sick of celebrities designing fashion lines. It is my number #1 pet peeve
It's actually my number 2 pet peeve! My number one is the actress who decides to sing:innocent:
She's interested in fashion and she must need the money. Except Chuck, she hasn't been working (Jumper was wrapped last year) at all, so even if her family is quite wealthy, she must need to be paid to do something.
I'm really looking forward the jackets of 'her' line. She's always wearing incredibly great and stylish jackets:woot:

i'm trying to believe that she isn't just doing this solely for a profit
but that maybe she actually is fulfilling a passion of hers..? :ermm:

I'm sure she's interested in fashion. She's always wearing cute and original outfits and she can chose her accessoires for sure!
If it was Jennifer Garner who decided to design her fashion line, I would have been more surprised!
But I realize that since she's been working with DNKY, she's talking about fashion and how she loves it in all her interviews (even when fashion isn't the topic at all!). Does she really need to convince everyone that she loves fashion?

She's interested in fashion and she must need the money. Except Chuck, she hasn't been working (Jumper was wrapped last year) at all, so even if her family is quite wealthy, she must need to be paid to do something.

I'm assume "taking time off from acting" is code for "I haven't really worked for ages, Jumper hasn't yet landed me the roles I was hoping for and this offers an excuse, keeps me busy, makes money and is cool." Especially since in every pre Jumper interview she said how much she wanted movie roles soon.

Or maybe this has been in the works for months and I'm being unfairly cynical.

The clothing looks good and definitely something based on her own style, not too bad for a celeb line.

I'm sure she's interested in fashion. She's always wearing cute and original outfits and she can chose her accessoires for sure!
If it was Jennifer Garner who decided to design her fashion line, I would have been more surprised!
But I realize that since she's been working with DNKY, she's talking about fashion and how she loves it in all her interviews (even when fashion isn't the topic at all!). Does she really need to convince everyone that she loves fashion?

just because you love fashion doesn't mean you want to design a fashion line..

i mean of course we've heard her love for fashion but i've never heard her say 'i want to design a line in the future' but yeah.. i truly don't believe it's just for some extra cash like others might.. :flower:

I like the look of her line, the yellow dress looks very her and something I would be interested in buying.

just because you love fashion doesn't mean you want to design a fashion line..

i mean of course we've heard her love for fashion but i've never heard her say 'i want to design a line in the future' but yeah.. i truly don't believe it's just for some extra cash like others might.. :flower:
I've actually heard and read her say she wanted to design a line. Even back in her days on The OC. :flower:

The yellow dress look like something that she would wear but the others not so much... I guess. I hope it is not going to be an ultra trendy line, we have top shop for that. I have always admire Rachel's simple and chic pieces with unique accessories to make her looks complete. From what I have seen thus far it is not the case with her line.

well there seems to be some confusion but I'm sure this is with DKNY Jeans, NOT DKNY. DKNY Jeans is the equivalent the Ralph Lauren stuff you find in Macy's. Like Polo Ralph Lauren I guess. Pretty cheap. I'm not sure if it's licensed or not. Seems like an odd choice to go with DKNY Jeans instead of DKNY. Either way, someone saying 'i can't sketch but i want to design a line' is incredibly bizarre. How is she going to be able to put out what she wants?!

From the pics it looks alright but i think it's the styling that saves it. How is this different than anything else out there? It's not. If you walk into a Club Monoco store this is exactly their palette.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should've known this was coming after her Nylon article was published.

I always feel like the only who finds Rachel Bilson's style really tacky and cheap looking :ninja:

I always feel like the only who finds Rachel Bilson's style really tacky and cheap looking :ninja:

I do too, don't worry! I find her like a second-rate Mischa Barton wannabe. And thats saying something since Mischa Barton is like a second rate actress :lol::innocent:

Why in the world is Rachel Bilson doing a fashion line??? She is a) not stylish and b) not well known (lets face it, it was always The OC: Mischa Barton and Co.).

Besides, Rachel looks like the other 10 million girls that live in LA, why would people try and emulate her look? Its neither interesting or inspiring :yuk::innocent:

Man this is lame. Sorry but I've seen her "candid" photos and she doesn't wear anything spectacular enough to garner her own line of anything. Just another celebrity cashing in the now popular fashion-line/perfume phenomena.

Dangit I should have my own jean line. At least I have personal style :innocent:

1. Her style is so lame.
2. It seems like they're picking people with a blind eye to make clothing lines these days. Paris Hilton? Whitney Port? Are they sh!tting us. Leave it to those who know what they're doing. :P

Two thumbs DOWN. Donna, whatchu doin gurl.

Why do you think her style is "cheap looking"? I'm just wondering because I own many similar things that she does. :lol: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->