Rick Owens F/W 09.10 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by MulletProof, Mar 5, 2009.

1. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

The collection looked amazing close-up, those jackets leyla mentioned from the beginning of the show that appeared to be patchworked were actually embroidered, there's 1000m of alpaca knit yarn stitched on each jacket, how crazy is that... Naturally they're VERY expensive, somewhere between 3000 - 5000€ I believe (Nice addition, but really optional in my book).

I must say I enjoyed the jackets with wide knit batwing sleeves a lot - those are really new in Rick's repertoire, also with the exaggerated shoulders... in black it definitely has a certain 'dark empire' reminiscence.

What's gonna be tricky about the collection is that again, most of his jackets are really short in the front, so women above 1.70m may find it tricky to cover up properly in what is generally being regarded as 'outerwear' in his collection. I'm not too keen on seeing the waist completely revealed on the average person, compaired to the runway. Great collection nonetheless!

2. luckyme

luckyme Active Member

thanks for that account, tricotineacetat...rick's jackets always seem to be the central force of his collection.

3. gius

gius écrivain

4. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

gius, it's shearling for the body, silk mikado for the edges around the collar, and blister leather (=stonewashed leather) for the sleeves. :flower:

5. karina_zb

karina_zb New Member

i would kill to own one of those jackets. seriously. kill.

6. C0UTUR3 4 SUR3

C0UTUR3 4 SUR3 New Member

Those boots from f/w 09/10 look soo cool! I wish he'd make men's wear boots like that too, not that the men's boots aren't good because they're great, they just aren't that fantastical.

7. gius

gius écrivain

thank you

that's amazing
    i thought shearling would be hairy..

very interesting /unique materials! combo

8. addictedtoysl

addictedtoysl New Member

I have been obsessing for months over the patchwork embroidered jackets that opened the show. Even though they were black you could see the shapes very clearly because the yarn is going in different directions.
    Luisaviaroma has 2 left but they are $2550.