Rick Owens F/W 10.11 Paris

Oh,no,finally I found sth ugly in his show,although most pieces are still appreciated.

this must look astonishing upclose. I like the shoes. but there is too much going on in the whole look, would like to separate some of the pieces.

i agree.
the makeup is distracting.. the pieces look heavy. some of them. not in the best way. but some of the pieces underneath.. beautiful.
not liking the patterned tights..

but pattern! unexpected. a change. would like to know what he had to say about this collection.

I love the pieces with the linked armor plates... looks like he has taken cues from Paco Rabanne's futurism and reworked the pieces in his own dark sci-fi way.

i hate the beginning blanket looks, but as the collection progressed it just got better. i love the geometrics (teaching pugh how its done right) and the fur is to die for. makes me think of his work for revillion. he does fur so well

this is the core of what fashion's really about. rick owens puts on this show to speak directly to his clientel and styles it in such a way that it does not interest the dilittante. anyone who wears rick owens or knows people who wear rick owens knows that this stuff becomes INSTANTLY chic once people start wearing it. and that's with the average rick collection. some of the pieces in this collection -- the furs, the belts (swooning), the sandal boot (i die!), the soft skirts, and those wonderful jackets and sleeveless coats -- go beyond average rick owens. they're simply extraordinary.

hmmm...I like pieces in the collection. I love the armored jackets :heart: but not my favourite collection :(

I think this is quite a tricky Rick Owens collection to break down to the salesfloor, at least for when it's targeted at an audience that is already faithfully following him for years - they've got a closet full of his high collar biker jackets, slouchy shorts, wedge boots and layering pieces - so what else is really 'new' to take away from this show? Plenty of sleeveless coats with pain-in-the-*** high armholes (= ill fitting) and unnecessary decoration as in those horn sequin-embroidered shearlings and 'patchworked' stone wash denim pieces... not to speak of asymmetric half-dresses made from down fabric...!!

Rick has had a few stellar shows up as of late and it's probably hard to always keep things fresh and on a constantly high level of relevance, especially if we're talking of more conceptual designers like him - You really try to dig and find new vocabularies that are really worth to be added to his vocabulary here but you can't help but feel a bit let down by these offerings - It's likely going to be a season in which his faithful fans might just want to buy from pre-collection carry overs or just some of these patterned tights. to update their existing wardrobe.

I dont know ! I am not so keen on this collection!
At the Mens show in Paris people were talking about him going very commercial now !
Sales went down a lot as people said so I was looking forward to something very Commercial Owens !
Bits and Pieces are definatley wearable but some just dont really catch my eyes !

^ Rick Owens going commercial would be so not Rick Owens anymore :lol:
especially now that everybody's getting the GP vibe in this one. imo he just
seemed to have gotten more austere and more constructional with the pieces
for this collection. not bad, but i suppose it takes time to digest this darker,
patterned, fur-trimmed twist on his trademark assymetrical cuts and sheared
croppings. i do like the play on geometry on the armor-plaited pieces, and of
course the jackets and tops are still classic pieces.. albeit those godforsaken
comfortercoats :huh:

I just revisited this collection after a number of months and when I break it down, I agree with many others when they say that it is his weakest collection so far. I do think there are a few divine pieces, but this seems like one of the least coherent presentations he's had.

I think he has worked hard to push boundaries here, but I think the ideas need to be worked out further --

I acknowledge the creativity and vision behind this collection but I have to say im not a fan! I liked the old Rick Owens more

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->