Riding boots on guys?

^ not a fan of tall boots for summer, even if it is a man who is inside them, lol!

A friend of mine told me that he bought some Belstaff boots for winter and showed me these pictures out of Belstaff's menswear collections 2008 and 2009:

16.jpg
14.jpg
4.jpg
14.jpg

(nymag.com)

i think i said that already in another thread, but i think you gotta be a certain height to look good in riding boots. i, personally, find myself too short for them, at 5'9"...

i think i said that already in another thread, but i think you gotta be a certain height to look good in riding boots. i, personally, find myself too short for them, at 5'9"...

I dont't think you need a certain height (okay, its better to be higher :wink: ), but for me its more a question of proportion. If someone is tall, but has relatively short legs, I think it is moore difficult than for a smaller person with relatively long legs.

lol. this whole thread is funny.

God... this is fashion for ya. Riding boots are meant to be worn by men. They were designed by men, for men, to wear on horse and for war - when women didn't ride or go to war. They were designed for soldiers, and when women's liberation came around, they took this item of utilitarian clothing into their wardrobe, just like white shirts, black turtlenecks, jackets and pants, and made riding boots fashionable and 'girlie.'

It is quite funny when you think about it.

Riding boots can and should be worn by men, because they were designed for men to begin with. And there is nothing gender-bending about them. Women borrowed this style from soldier/uniform gear. It is more than acceptable and fiercely chic.

By the way: some days ago I read an article about Jean d'Arc mentioning that "wearing mens boots" was one count of indictment against her.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Love

I'm still on the hunt for a good pair. Have been looking for like two years. I saw a guy yesterday in my store with the perfect pair on. They were Ballys, but hes said they were over two years old.

In most of the pictures you see wiht guys wearing these, its winter attire. Do you think this is more of a Fall/Winter trend??? I think in summer with jeans it could be really nice

I just hate this ...
at least worn like this ... on STREETS

hate this thing for men (jeans/pants stuck in boots).

it's only good when riding horses ...

sometimes it's pulled off good, though. very rare !
but in this barcelona picture (for instance) it's not even nice to look at ..... i mean classic shoes would have been better !

^ i love both of them, but specially the first one.

when will we be able to see you tfs guys in riding boots? : )

^Love

In most of the pictures you see wiht guys wearing these, its winter attire. Do you think this is more of a Fall/Winter trend??? I think in summer with jeans it could be really nice

oh no-no, BIG NO! just for winter, please! : )

I just hate this ...
at least worn like this ... on STREETS

hate this thing for men (jeans/pants stuck in boots).

it's only good when riding horses ...
I agree dear, and since I am a horse lover/owner/rider I am constantly in this look but I do walk on the streets in it sometime...its usually just back from riding though so I can do this!

And I ride year-round, so I AM wearing this in summer also!

oh no-no, BIG NO! just for winter, please! : )

Compeletely agree, winter should be enough (okay, perhaps some fall and spring).
During the warmer I prefer other footwear like sandals, loafers, and others...

But it's when it's completely on purpose it's annoying. My look with riding boots--they're always dirty and I am certainly not carrying a bag or wearing scarves.

As a guy, I'd love to be brave enough to wear riding boots. I think they're very cool, and if you dare wear them you shouldn't give a toss whatever people think. I'd say: go for it!

Although I think i's really more a fall/winter trend, you can have a look at this guy (I alreaddy posted the link, but he added new pictures from summer :innocent: ).

I love the pics with the white jeans, black top and black boots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->